The Photonics and Semiconductor Nanophysics group at the Eindhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands, http://www.phys.tue.nl/psn) has an open postdoctoral position in the field of optical sensing.
Goal and background
Measuring the reflectance or transmittance spectrum of organic materials allows determining the composition of their key constituents, such as sugar, fat and protein. Near-infrared spectroscopic techniques are widely used in the food and chemical industries, but presently requires an analytical lab.
Our group is developing integrated photonic chips, based on an advanced nanophotonic platform, able to quantify and classify materials properties using near-infrared light.
30 September 2020
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for 1 year
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for research and valorization, professional development courses for PhD students, and didactical courses of the TEACH training program.
- A gross monthly salary around € 3.353,00 (on a fulltime basis), depending on experience and knowledge.
- Benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.