International Freshman Merit Scholarships
Iowa State is committed to enrolling a diverse and talented student population. International freshmen will be considered for a limited number of merit scholarships. Scholarship selection is competitive based on a holistic review of SAT or ACT scores and high school marks/grades. Students must complete the OneApp scholarship application to be considered for the award.
- Incoming international freshmen applicants who have been offered admission.
- Submission of qualifying SAT or ACT scores
- Complete the Iowa State University OneApp
- Complete the General OneApp application AND
- Complete the International Student Admissions Scholarship application
Scholarship Award Values
$2,000- $10,000 per year (renewable) *
* Freshman recipients will be funded for a maximum of 8 semesters, or completion of the degree, whichever comes first.
The following criteria must be met during your Iowa State career to maintain the scholarship:
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 while enrolled at Iowa State
- Continuous enrollment in a minimum of 12 semester credits each semester (summers not included)
- Only students assessed non-resident tuition are eligible for this award
- The award may only be used toward undergraduate tuition and fees
Official Link: https://www.admissions.iastate.edu/intl/merit_scholarships.php
Apply Link: https://www.admissions.iastate.edu/apply/online/