Are you a student seeking asylum on a bridging visa? If you are a high-achieving student with the ambition to change your future, you may be eligible for the Cochrane Scholarship. You will receive 100% international student funding for a Monash undergraduate degree in the Monash Business School, plus a yearly allowance of $6000 and accommodation to the value of $14,000.
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A person who is in Australia and currently on:
- a Bridging Visa E, or
- a Bridging Visa A and has applied for a Permanent Protection visa, or
- a Temporary Protection Visa, or
- a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa.
- A commencing or continuing student enrolled or intending to enrol in any undergraduate degree in the Monash Business School at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Full tuition fees paid for the duration of the degree up to four years.
- An allowance of $6000 per year (48 credit points of study) for the duration of your degree up to four years
- Up to a maximum of $14,000 towards accommodation. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- One scholarship will be awarded
- Awarded based on academic achievement and personal circumstances. Preference will be given to a student enrolling in the Bachelor of Business.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50 or above each semester
- You can continue to receive the scholarship if your residency changes, however you will not be eligible to continue to receive tuition payments if you are changed to a Commonwealth Supported Place and are eligible to defer your fees, but you may continue to receive the allowance.
- You may be asked to provide an annual progress report to donors, giving you an opportunity to share your experiences and benefits.
How to apply
- If you’re applying for a course via VTAC, please complete the https://vtac.edu.au/applying/scholarships.html form by Friday 9 October 2020.
- If you’re applying directly to Monash for your course, please submit your application directly to Monash by Friday 06 November 2020. You must also email a copy of your current Visa to email@example.com
- Note: To be considered for this scholarship, you must have applied for a course and be offered a place at Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.
Official Website: https://www.monash.edu/study/fees-scholarships/scholarships/find-a-scholarship/cochrane-scholarship?domestic=true
Applying Link: https://applicant.connect.monash.edu.au/connect/webconnect?_ga=2.106040835.1267713685.1502143414-1914178624.1488943619