1 October 2020
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is a global leader in health research as a result of its pivotal contributions to the international advancement of health research and by making international involvement pervasive in its programming.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Health research
- Natural sciences
- Social sciences
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
- Applicants to the 2020-21 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree between September 15, 2017 and September 30, 2021 (inclusively), and before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2021.
- For applicants who have completed more than one Ph.D., PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
- Applicants can apply for both the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program and other agency-specific postdoctoral fellowships programs (whether to the same or a different federal granting agency) at the same time, provided that the research proposed in each application falls within the mandate of the federal granting agency to which the application is submitted. For more information, please refer to Identify area of research. Applicants who are successful in both competitions will have to choose which award to accept.
- Applicants must not hold a tenure-track or tenured faculty position, nor can they be on leave from such a position.
- Applicants can submit only one application per competition year to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
For more details, please click here.
$70,000 per year.
First Step: before you apply you Contact your desired institution is eligible to host a Banting Fellow. and if you are hoping to be hosted at a Canadian institution, please see the Universities Canada website for a list of Canadian academic institutions and their research areas.
Second Step: Register for the following:
Third Step: Start the ResearchNet application:
You’ll have to do the following:
- Identify an area of research.
- identify participants:
- Significance of research contributions.
- Significance of leadership contributions.
- Fulfillment of degree requirements form here.
- Identify referees.
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents.
- Research proposal.
- Institutional letter of endorsement.
- Supervisor’s statement.
Note: If you have supporting documents written in a language other than English or French, you are required to submit a certified translation of these documents.
For more information Here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Zeinab Zaher/ Egypt“
“Marwa Bouzidi/ Algeria“
MARJ3 Scholarship Team