8 October 2019
Call to Artists – Cash Awards – Juried Competition 2020
Embracing Our Differences invites you to participate in creating a world where differences are embraced and individuality is celebrated.
Become a part of this exciting change through your visual art submission to the annual Embracing Our Differences international juried competition. Featuring 45 billboard-size images, each work of art is created by local, national and international artists reflecting their interpretation of our theme “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.”
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Judging will take place in late November after the submission deadline and those selected for inclusion in the exhibit will be notified by email by late December. All winning entries will be posted on our website by early January.
- All submissions must be an original concept and execution and not a copy or reproduction of the work of another.
- Final selections for inclusion in the exhibit will be made by a three-judge panel of professional artists, curators and art professionals based on artistic excellence and originality in reflection of our theme “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.” Judges will also consider:
- How effective the art will read when enlarged to billboard size (16 feet (4.9 m) wide by 12.5 feet (3.8 m) high) and displayed outdoors.
- Is the theme clear and easily understood?
- Does the art explore the theme in an unusual or previously unexplored manner?
- Will the art and its message prompt discussion?
- Your original art may be any size and medium; however, you must create or scan and submit it as a high resolution (minimum 300 dpi) digital file (JPG, TIFF, PDF or EPS). Your digital art must measure exactly 12.8” (325.12 mm) wide by 8.8” (223.52 mm) high. All art must have a horizontal orientation.
- A total of $3,000 (US) will be presented in the form of three separate awards – $1,000 each for Best-in-Show Adult, Best-in-Show Student,and the People’s Choice. Both Best-in-Show awards will be granted by a three-judge panel of art professionals. The People’s Choice award will be determined by visitors to the exhibit.
First Step: Please review the Frequently Asked Questions section below for full details on all technical requirements for submitting your art.
Second Step: Submit either online or by email.
– To submit online:
- Create Account here.
- Fill in Your Personal information.
- Submit a digital file of your art which is capable of being uploaded to our server and make sure that your work:
- Must be HORIZONTAL in orientation.
- Your digital file must be a high-resolution image of no less than 300 dpi.
- Your digital file must be less than 400MB in size.
- Include a brief (200-word maximum) Artist Statement explaining your art, your creative process and/or what the theme means to you.
– To submit by Mail:
- Send the following to this address: Embracing Our Differences, PO Box 2559, Sarasota, FL 34230-2559 USA
- A digital file of your art contained on a CD or flash drive. Name each file with the “title” of the artwork and your name.
- A color print of your art submission (ink jet is sufficient) with your name and artwork title clearly printed on the back.
- Your art must be HORIZONTAL in orientation which means that it is wider than it is tall – submissions which do not meet this requirement will be disqualified.
- A completed and signed submission form
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Menna Hozien / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Basem Eliwa/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team