30 September 2019
10 Individual Fellowships (Junior/Senior) at the University of Ghana for the Academic Year 2020/21
Overarching aims of MIASA are working towards a reduction of global asymmetries in knowledge production and bridging the cultural divide between anglophone and francophone Africa. MIASA, established in 2018, serves as a hub for exchange, networking and collaboration amongst leading researchers from Germany, Ghana, the African and European continents and beyond. It is located on the beautiful campus of the University of Ghana at Legon (Accra.
Up to 10 individual fellowships are available to researchers from all around the world. Fellowships of 3 to 5 months may be applied for. They will allow researchers to conduct their own research projects.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social Sciences.
All world countries.
3 – 5 Months.
- Eligible for application are early career researchers (1-6 years after completion of their PhD) and senior researchers (more than 6 years after completion of their PhD) from around the globe in a relevant discipline of the Humanities or the Social Sciences at the time of the application deadline.
- The all-important selection criteria are the academic excellence of the applicant and the research proposal.
- Will be taken into account are the required experience and capability to conduct the research project as well as the fit of the proposed topic with MIASA’s umbrella topic and overall aims.
- Applicants must submit the complete application dossier by the specified deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Formatting rules have to be observed. Page limits may not be exceeded.
- The proposal must meet the standards of academic English in international research.
- The fellows’ salary costs will be met by MIASA on the principle of “no loss, no gain,” for every full fellowship month, and paid directly to his/her home institution. Furthermore, fellows will receive a monthly allowance of 400 €. For fellows affiliated with an African institution at the commencement of the fellowship, this monthly allowance will be 1.000 €.
- Non-affiliated senior fellows receive a monthly grant of 2.000 € in total. Non-affiliated junior fellows will receive a monthly grant of 1.200 €.
- For all fellows MIASA will provide accommodation and reimburse travel costs. In addition, a contribution to support research undertaken at MIASA (max. 250 €/ fellow month) can be granted upon application.
- The Institute provides its fellows with modern office space and an up-to-date infrastructure. Fellows have full access to all library services at the University of Ghana. A full-time presence of fellows at MIASA for the fellowship period is expected.
First Step: The completed application form together with the required documents has to be uploaded on the application web page (From Here) and submitted by September 30, 2019; 24.00 h CET.
Second Step: The four required documents (see 1-4 below) must be written in English and formatted as
1. Cover page (max. 1 page).
a. Title, name (last, first), e-mail address, link to webpage (optional)
b. Date of doctorate (PhD defense)
c. Current institution (Name of institution/city/country)
d. Research field
e. Project title
f. The two most important reasons why choosing MIASA.
2. Project proposal (max. 6 pages).
The compulsory structure of the project proposal is as follows:
a. Research field, title and short abstract of the research project.
b. Aims, theoretical framework and methodology of the project.
c. Work plan and feasibility (time schedule and projected costs).
d. Innovative potential, originality and relevance of the project.
e. Added value of conducting research at MIASA (both for the applicant and the local
research community at the University of Ghana).
f. Bibliographical references.
3. CV in tabular form (max. 2 pages).
4. Publication list (in the senior scheme: especially of the last ten years) highlighting the
most important publications and the most important project-specific publications (max. 2
For further details please contact us at MIASA under [email protected]
For More Information Click Here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Magdi Eweda / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mariam Mohamed Kamal/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team