17 September 2018
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
AU-EU Youth Cooperation Hub
The AU-EU Youth Cooperation Hub will enable 42 selected young Africans, Europeans and Diaspora to work with the African Union, the European Union and other relevant stakeholders in developing new approaches, defining the scope of pilot projects and monitoring their implementation in six areas.
The AU-EU Youth Cooperation Hub builds on the unprecedented experience of the AU-EU Youth Plug-In Initiative (YPII) which led the development and presentation of the AU-EU Youth Agenda at the 5th AU-EU Summit in Abidjan in 2017. The YPII itself built on the Abidjan Youth Declaration.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Business, Job Creation & Entrepreneurship.
- Culture, Sports & Arts.
- Education and Skills.
- Environmental Preservation and Climate Change.
- Governance, Political Inclusion & Activism.
- Peace and Security, including Prevention of Radicalisation and Violent Extremism.
EGYPT, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA , COMOROS , DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Youth Fellows, with the guidance of the experts, will work together using a virtual platform and be expected to produce regular deliverables linked to their cluster topic.
Application Deadline: 4 September – 17 September 2018 (1:00 pm CEST).
Youth Fellow Selection: Autumn 2018.
First Consultative Meeting in Addis Ababa: 27 October and 4 November 2018.
Possible field visits will take place twice a year (2019 & 2020).
- Be a citizen of an African Union or European Union Member State.
- Aged 18-35 upon applying.
- Proven knowledge, practical experience and demonstrated impact in one of the six thematic areas.
- Additional knowledge/experience of minimum one of three cross-cutting thematic areas is desirable: Gender, Migration, and/or Digitalisation.
- Interest in and knowledge of Africa-EU relations.
- Experience in working in international and multicultural teams is desirable.
- Ability to work effectively in either English or French, and possessing an adequate understanding of the other language.
- Writing skills and public speaking skills are desirable.
- Selected Youth Fellows will be divided into clusters, 7 Youth Fellows per cluster.
- Youth Fellows, with the guidance of the experts, will work together using a virtual platform and be expected to produce regular deliverables linked to their cluster topic.
- Flights, accommodation, meals and local travel expenses are covered.
First Step : Go to the link on Apply now register and log in.
Second Step: Upload your Personal Files and Social Media Profiles then answer some questions about the cluster you are interested in and send it.
Third Step: Upload a link to a video on Youtube (max 2 minutes), where you :
a) Present yourself.
b) Present your vision for the implementation of (a) concrete initiative(s) in the Youth Agenda of your chosen topic.
c) Explain why you would be a good youth representative.
Please upload your video in English or French.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Waleed Ashraf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Esraa Abdullzaher/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team