30 August 2018.
TWAS-SAREP_SNAS Regional Young Scientists’ Conference 2018
The Conference will be jointly organized by the Sudanese National Academy of Sciences (SNAS), the Sudan Academy of Young Scientists (SAYS) in partnership with the TWAS Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Partner (TWAS-SAREP). The conference will be held in Khartoum and in the vicinity of the Sudanese ancient city of Meroe from 2-7 December 2018,under the theme: Genomics and Human Health in Africa.
The conference will bring together a group of talented young African scientists to present their latest research activities in the rapidly advancing field of Genomics. A number of world-renowned scientists in Genomic Science will be invited to give plenary lectures and participate in various discussions. The Conference is intended to provide an opportunity for forging links and sharing experiences across geographical, political and social boundaries, for providing continuity and communication between senior and young scientists and between disciplines, and for bridging the gap between research and implementation.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Genomics and Human Health in Africa.
- Prenatal and Reproductive Genomics.
- Pharmacogenomics and Precision Medicine.
- Infectious Disease Genomics and Metagenomics.
- Animal and Plant Genomics for Human Health.
- Cancer Genomics.
- Bioinformatics, Systems Biology and Functional Genomics.
- Population Genomics.
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS, & OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES.
2-7 December 2018.
This call is open to early career African researchers. Applicants should meet the following criteria to participate:
- Be based in Africa.
- Be under the age of forty-five (45).
- Have at least a Masters degree.
- Have research expertise in at least one of the conference themes.
- Submit an abstract that is relevant to the conference themes.
- Be willing to present and share current research results at the conference.
- Accommodation and local expenses will be provided to all accepted participants.
- A limited number of partial travel grants will be provided to participants in need.
First Step: Applicants must fill in the attached online application form.
Second Step: Send it electronically together with an abstract of maximum 300 words and the applicant’s CV.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Manar Ali/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team