1 March 2019.
For more information about the places of study, click here.
DARMASISWA INDONESIAN SCHOLARSHIP
DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa, art and culture. Participants can choose one of selected universities located in different cities in Indonesia.
- The DARMASISWA program was started in 1974 as part of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. However, in 1976 this program was extended to include students from other countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, and USA. In early 90’s, this program was extended further to include all countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 80 countries.
- The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
– For more Details, click here.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
English and additional Bahasa Indonesia
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
12 months of study program.
- Interview at related KBRI/KJRI – 4 March 2019 until 15 March 2019
- Selection by the University (online) – 18 March 2019 until 3 April 2019
- Announcement – 10 April 2019
- Attendance confirmation – 10 April 2019 until 30 April 2019
- Final Announcement – 6 May 2019
- Flight itinerary confirmation – 7 May 2019 until 1 August 2019
- Arrival at Jakarta, Indonesia – 28 August 2019
- Orientation program at Jakarta, Indonesia – 29 until 30 August 2019
- Preferably Student.
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent.
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age.
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia(Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable).
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate.
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying.
- Students monthly stipend will be divided into 2 groups of area: Area 1 Rp. 2.950.000,- (Batam, Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar, Makassar, Manado, Bogor, Cikarang, Ambon), Area 2 Rp. 2.550.000,- (Aceh, Padang, Palembang,Purwokerto, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Samarinda)
- Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students will get settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
- Students legal permit arrangement with the help of the Host University will be supported by Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students may seek assistance from Host University in finding a house/room to rent which is included in monthly stipend
First Step: Register your account from here.
Second Step: Login to your account, fill in the application, and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Medical certificate.
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia.
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English).
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English).
- Language certificate (if applicable).
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable).
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words).
Third Step: Submit your application.
For students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Reem Khaled / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Waad Othman/ Syria”
MARJ3 Scholarships team