21 September 2018.
Post-doctoral position in Statistics – Umeå University
The Department of Statistics at Umeå School of Business, Economics and Statistics, seeks applications for an open postdoc position in Statistics. The successful applicant for this position is expected to work with methodological development and applications of survey data in connection to the research project “The right question – new ways to elicit quantitative information in surveys” financed by the Marianne and Marcus Wallenberg Foundation.
We are looking for postdoc applicants having an interest in the intersection of statistics, economics and psychology. The applicant will work closely together with a recently recruited post-doc in economics at the Umeå Campus and a team of researchers in psychophysics at the Stockholm University. The post-docs will work under guidance of Professor Bengt Kriström, SLU/CERE, Associate Professor Magnus Ekström, Umeå University, and Professor Mats E. Nilsson, Stockholm University. The research focuses on improving surveys, not the least those used in non-market valuation research. In particular, we develop statistical and economic theory regarding so-called self-selected intervals and test our theory in the field and in the lab.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Applicants should have a PhD in statistics/mathematical statistics (or related area) and must have obtained their doctorate degree no more than three years before the deadline for the application.
- Experiences related to asymptotic statistical inference, regression modeling, and/or survey methodology are considered a merit.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a requirement. An ability and a strong interest in co-operation with colleagues in other sciences is vital.
- Monthly salary.
First Step: You must register here to fill your application.
Second Step: The application should include:
- A cover letter summarizing your qualifications, your scientific interests, and your motives for applying (max 2 pages).
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A publication list.
- Copies of the PhD thesis and relevant publications.
- Copies of relevant degree certificates.
- Names with contact details and e-mail addresses, of at least two reference persons.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team