October 31, 2019.
Salzburg Global Seminar /Nippon Foundation Asia Peace Innovators Forum.
Building Peace, Stability and Regional Cooperation in Asia is the inaugural program of The Asia Peace Innovators Forum. This program is held in partnership with The Nippon Foundation. Salzburg Global Seminar is seeking mid-career professionals who have the aspiration and potential to be the next generation of senior leaders in mediating peace and promoting reconciliation. Launching its first workshop on March 5-9, 2020, the Asia Peace Innovators Forum aims to shape long-term peace, stability, and regional cooperation in Asia by building a network of mid-career professionals working in different sectors and countries to exchange knowledge, community-driven approaches, and best practices.
Each of the two 2020 programs will bring together the a cohort of 30 Peace Innovators for a four-day workshop held at Schloss Leopoldskron, home of Salzburg Global Seminar. A third workshop will be held in 2021.Participants in the Forum (Fellows) will exchange experience and innovation relevant to geopolitics, historical legacies, demographics and migration, climate change, and natural resource management.
Fellows will devise plans to seed new projects to advance peace and mitigate conflicts in the countries in which they work.Knowledge and best practices will be further disseminated through social media, journalistic articles in local, regional and global media, and reports.An online platform will keep Fellows across all three cohorts connected.The 60 most promising and most actively engaged Fellows from the three cohorts will be selected to take part in one of two further programs to be held in Asia. These programs will consist of both practical workshops and, where feasible, field visits to pilots projects being led by Fellows.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Civil society, including from religious institutions and philanthropic organizations.
- Local public and private sector institutions, including from municipal offices, local government, small businesses, and entrepreneurs.
- Media, including journalists, social media influencers, thought-leaders, and public intellectuals.
- Education, including teachers, school principals, technical and vocational skills providers, sports trainers, academics, and museum directors.
- Arts and culture, including artists and cultural innovators, who serve as creative practitioners and designers across disciplines to harness the transformative power of the arts for inclusive societal change.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- March 5-9, 2020.
The applicant should:
- Demonstrate a commitment to peace mediation and reconciliation in their home country or region.
- Show creativity in approach and openness to innovation, demonstrated through goal-oriented and action-oriented approaches, risk-taking, networking, and passion for their work.
- Demonstrate a commitment to building crosssectoral and cross-cultural collaborations, and openness to learn about and share new and different approaches.
- Be energetic and curious, unafraid to ask uncomfortable questions and able to motivate others to implement unconventional measures.
- Have a desire to become an active member of the Asia Peace Innovators Forum network and to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining collaborations throughout the coming years.
- Be proficient in English, the working language of the Forum.
The costs will be covered thanks to the generosity of The Nippon Foundation which include:
- All costs program fee.
- Accommodation during the program.
- Economy-class travel to and from the program.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided on-site at Hotel Schloss Leopoldskron.
First Step: Complete the application form here.
Second Step: Submit the following information and documents:
- A 500-word personal statement explaining:
– Your motivation for applying to the Asia Peace Innovators Forum.
– A description of the biggest challenge currently facing you in your work.
– What experience and skills you will contribute to the Asia Peace Innovators Forum network.
– How your participation will impact your own contribution to the promotion of peace.
– A brief bio.
- A headshot photo.
- A full CV/résumé.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Altesheh/ Syria “
Reviewed by” Eman Morsy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team