24 March 2019
5th INTERNATIONAL “JALÓN ÁNGEL” PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS
Ángel Hilario García de Jalón Hueto (1898-1976), better known as Jalón Angel, was one of the most prominent figures of portraiture photography in Spain during his 50 years of professional career until his death in 1976. This award not only aims to honor the memory of Jalón Ángel as a photographer but also as the founder of Grupo San Valero, a set of institutions for educational and vocational training at different levels and modalities.
Entries must belong to one of the following genres:
- Portrait: spontaneous or posed, the subject of the photograph is a person.
- Travel: photographs showing the cultural particularities of a country (including urban and natural landscapes, but do not focus on the human figure as the only, main element).
- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park: special category in homage to the centenary of the Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park. It should focus on the national park, portraying its fauna and flora, nature, natural heritage etc. The registration form must indicate exactly where in the national park the image has been taken.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
English, Spanish, or French
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The winners will be announced in 10 April 2019
- Any author (Spanish or foreign) of legal age may participate with an original photograph that has not been awarded a prize in another competition in 2018 and up until 24 March 2019.
- The same author may present a maximum of one photograph to each category.
- The competition entries must comply with the following requirements:
- It may be performed by any photographic procedure.
- The original photograph must have the following requirements: .jpg, 300 pixels per inch and minimum size of short side 30 cm or 3500 ppp.
- It can be in black and white or colour.
- Both chemical and digital retouching must be minimal (lighting, contrast, colour balance) and do not deface the original shot.
- The photographs will not have any element (signature, logo, initials, graphics frames etc.) which may serve to identify the author of the image. If this requirement is not met this photograph will be excluded from the award.
- Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible.
The Archive will organize an exhibition (one year after the award) that will include the winning photographs and the mentions and/or other participating photographs in their case. The institution will contact the authors prior to the event.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- Award for best photograph in the portrait category. Award amount: 1000 euros, iconic statuette, and diploma.
- Award for best photograph in the travel category. Award amount: 1000 euros iconic statuette, and diploma.
- Award for the best photograph in the Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park category. Prize money: 1000 euros, emblematic trophy and diploma.
First Step: Upload your submission from here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hour Ahmed / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rania Khalaf/ Egypt “
and “Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team