1 November, 2018.
(Award/ Partially Funded)
The James Harrison Steedman Memorial Fellowship in Architecture 2018
Established in 1926, the James Harrison Steedman Fellowship in Architecture is one of the oldest and most prestigious awards in the United States.
The 2018 Steedman Fellow will be selected based upon the following: the merits of the research proposal; its relevance to the theme; its relevance to the practice of architecture in St. Louis, MO, and around the world; the quality of the portfolio; and evidence of the applicant’s promise to the field and ability to complete the work proposed.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From 6 to 12 months
- Fellows must spend between 6-12 months outside the US and their country of residence pursuing their approved research project.
- Fellows must complete their research within 18 months of receiving the award.
- The winners will be announced on the website in spring 2019.
- The Steedman Fellowship is open to anyone, anywhere in the world, who has received an accredited degree in architecture within the last eight years.
- Fellows must be able to complete their proposed projects within 18 months of receiving the award.
- Fellows must be available to travel to St. Louis to share their research with the Washington University and local AIA architectural communities.
- Only individual applicants will be considered.
(Award/ Partially Funded)
- 50,000$ to support 6-12 months of international travel architectural research.
- The application fee is $75.
First Step: Create an account from here.
Second Step: Fill in the application.
Third Step: Upload the following documents to the application:
- Project title.
- Project abstract (200 words max) summarizing the proposed research question/s in reference to the theme and primary location/s for study. This abstract will be used for various purposes, including the announcement of the winner and in web, print, and digital promotions.
- Research proposal (1500 words max) framing the research questions and relationship of proposed research to the broader theme, relevance to the field, and projected outcomes of the study. Describe how research will be conducted in the location/s specified including a rough itinerary, established contacts, and anticipated deliverables. Your proposal may include images or graphics to illustrate your ideas, but these are not required.
- Budget and time frame for completion (200 words max).
- Short bio (200 words). This bio will be used for various purposes, including the announcement of the winner and web, print, and digital promotions.
- Portfolio of work formatted into a single high-quality PDF file of 10-15 pages (10MB max.).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hager Mohamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt ”
“ Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team