1 October 2018
Iowa State, USA
International Transfer Merit Scholarships
Iowa State is committed to enrolling a diverse and talented student population and students who have demonstrated strong academic achievement
The International Transfer Merit Scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated strong academic achievement, and outstanding talent or achievements in one or more of the following areas: math and sciences, the arts, extracurricular activities, community service, leadership, innovation, or entrepreneurship.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Aerospace Engineering.
- African and African American Studies.
- Air Force Aerospace Studies.
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering.
- Apparel, Events and Hospitality Management.
- Biochem, Biophysics and Molecular Biology.
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
- Chemical and Biological Engineering.
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering.
- Communication Studies.
- Computer Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Ecology, Evolution and Organismal Biology.
- Educational Administration.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Environmental Studies.
- Food Science and Human Nutrition.
- Genetics, Development and Cell Biology.
- Graphic Design Program.
- Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering.
- Journalism and Communication.
- Management Information Systems.
- Materials Science and Engineerin.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Microelectronics Research Center.
- Music & Theatre.
- Natural Resource Ecology and Management.
- Physical Education Teacher Education.
- Plant Pathology and Microbiology.
- Political Science.
- Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Pre-health Professions.
- Religious Studies.
- Software Engineering.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Teaching English as a Second Language/Applied Linguistics.
- Virtual Reality Applications Center.
- Women’s Studies Program.
To know more about Colleges and departments click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
1 Year (renewable)
- Incoming international transfer applicants with fewer than 66 transferrable semester credits.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) comparable to a minimum of 3.0 out of 4.0 (B)
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 in all transferable courses for engineering applicants
- Minimum GPA of 2.3 for all other majors
- Students must demonstrate strong academic achievement, and outstanding talent or achievements in one or more of the following areas: math and sciences, the arts, extracurricular activities, community service, leadership, innovation, or entrepreneurship.
*For more details about Requirements by Country click here, and select Show Academic Requirements by Country.
The following criteria must be met during your Iowa State career to maintain the scholarship:
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 while enrolled at Iowa State.
- Continuous enrollment in a minimum of 12 semester credits each semester (summers not included).
- Only students assessed non-resident tuition are eligible for this award.
- The award may only be used toward undergraduate tuition and fees.
There are two international Merit Scholarship levels:
- Gold: $8,000/year (renewable)
- Cardinal: $4,000/year (renewable)
Transfer recipients will be funded for a maximum of 5 semesters, or completion of the degree, whichever comes first.
You need to fulfill all requirements:
- The SAT is not required, but if submitted, it will be considered
- A resume or CV listing your achievements
- One letter of recommendation
- A 500-word essay. You may write something that will help the committee get to know you better and tell us why you deserve the award, or you may answer one of the questions provided on the scholarship application form
- Applicants must be international students and must have completed an international application for admission
- You must submit your Undergraduate Application for Admission and all required transcripts, financial documents, and examination results before you may apply for the International Merit Scholarship, as we will review your application file as part of our scholarship consideration.
- Once you have submitted your application for admission, you may then complete the International Merit Scholarship Application Form.
Please be sure to use your name exactly as it is entered on your application for admission so that we can match your scholarship application to your undergraduate application. You will use this form to upload your current resume or CV (in PDF format), type your essay, and send the letter of recommendation form to the person you have asked to provide it. (These items must all be submitted using this form. We will not accept any scholarship materials via email or post.)
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Abdelrahman Shalaan/ Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt “
And ” Marwan Mansi/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team