16 January 2019
Debbie’s Dream Foundation-AACR Gastric Cancer Research Fellowship
This fellowship provides $50,000 over one year to support the salary and benefits of a fellow while working on mentored gastric cancer research.
The Debbie’s Dream Foundation-AACR Gastric Cancer Research Fellowship represents a joint effort to encourage and support postdoctoral or clinical research fellows to conduct gastric cancer research and to establish a successful career path in this field.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- At the start of the grant term on July 1, 2019, applicants must: hold a mentored research position with the title of postdoctoral fellow, clinical research fellow, or the equivalent; have completed his or her most recent doctoral degree within the past five years; and work under the auspices of a mentor at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree (including PhD, MD, DO, DC, ND, DDS, DVM, ScD, DNS, PharmD, or equivalent) in a related field and not currently be a candidate for a further doctoral degree.
- Applicants with a medical degree must have completed their most recent doctoral degree or medical residency – whichever date is later – within the past five years.
- If eligibility is based on a future position, the position must be confirmed at the time of application and cannot be contingent upon receiving this grant.
- Employees or subcontractors of a U.S. government entity or for-profit private industry are not eligible. Postdoctoral fellows conducting research in a U.S. government laboratory (e.g., NIH, CDC, FDA, etc.), are not eligible.
- Any individual who currently holds an active AACR grant may not apply. Past grantees may apply if they complied with all progress and financial report requirements.
- Investigators may submit only one application for the AACR-Debbie’s Dream Foundation Gastric Cancer Research Fellowship but may concurrently apply for other AACR grants. However, applicants are expected to accept the first grant they are awarded. Individuals may accept and hold only one AACR grant at a time.
- Investigators currently or previously held the rank of instructor, adjunct professor, assistant professor, research assistant professor, the equivalent or higher are not eligible. Qualified researchers are invited to apply for an AACR Career Development Award.
Exception: If you are an MD who is considered a postdoctoral fellow but hold the title of the instructor so that you can see patients, you may be eligible. Potential applicants possessing an MD are encouraged to contact AACR’s Scientific Review and Grants Administration (SRGA) before submitting an application to verify your eligibility.
Note: All applicants with questions about eligibility must contact AACR’s SRGA at [email protected] before submitting an application.
- Proposed research projects may be basic, translational, clinical, or epidemiological in nature, and must have direct applicability to gastric cancer.
- Grant of $50,000.
- A partial amount of the funds may be designated for non-personnel expenses, such as research/laboratory supplies, equipment, publication charges for manuscripts that pertain directly to the funded project, and other research expenses.
First Step: Create an account here.
Second Step: After logging in, complete your Professional Profile (green tab) before starting an application.
Third Step: Click on “Grant Opportunities”, then search for (Debbie’s Dream Foundation-AACR Gastric Cancer Research Fellowship).
Fourth Step: Click “Apply Now” to start your application.
Fifth Step: The application contains the following:
- Title Page
- Download Templates & Instructions
- Enable another user to access this proposal. (Optional)
- Enter information for the applicant.
- Institution and Contacts: Enter information regarding the applicant’s institution, the mentor, the endorser (if applicable), and signing official.
- Letters of Reference: Enter the e-mail address of the mentor submitting a letter of reference.
- Scientific Abstract: The abstract is limited to 3,000 characters (including spaces).
- Budget: Enter expenses for the term of the grant. Applicants must submit a budget in the amount of $50,000
- Organizational Assurances: Select the appropriate assurances options for your proposed research and complete the Approved or Pending Date field as appropriate.
- Application Documents: Attach Files: curriculum vitae, signature page, budget justification, grant agreement signature page, letter(s) of Reference – BLIND, mentor biographical sketch(es), pending other support, project milestones, research project proposal, and secured other support.
Sixth Step: Click the “Submit” link. An e-mail will be sent to you confirming your submission.
For more information check here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Basem Eliwa/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Abdelrahman sabry/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team