August 1st, 2020
Nova Scotia, Canada
ABDUL MAJID BADER GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
Dalhousie University is proudly located in Halifax, Nova Scotia which is ranked one of the friendliest cities in the world. Founded in 1818, it is one of Canada’s oldest universities.On learning of the high tuition costs for international students, Mr. Bader decided the scholarship should be directed to international students, with first preference to Iranian student, who are residents of Iran.
Abdul Bader, who was born in the Iranian capital city, went to the U.S. for advanced studies. He had received a Master’s degree from Tufts University’s Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy. A series of events, including his father’s death and the advert of the Islamic Republic in Iran changed the course of Mr. Bader’s career. In the early 1990s, Mr. Bader had the opportunity to gain permanent resident status in Canada. Some years later, Mr. Bader created the Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship fund for international Doctoral or Masters students. One new award is made each year.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Biological Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business (Master of Science)
- Civil and Resource Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Planning
- Clinical Vision Science
For more information, please click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
A maximum of 24 months of full-time study.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students who have applied for or are enrolled in a Master’s or Doctoral program at Dalhousie University.
- First preference will be given to Iranian students who are residents of Iran.
- Second preference will be given to other international students.
- Applicants with first class standing (>3.7/4.3) in their last two years of academic study, who are currently pursuing or intending to pursue studies in any discipline in which Dalhousie offers graduate degrees are welcome to apply once they have submitted an application for admission to their intended program of study.
- Applications may also be submitted by departments for eligible students who have applied or been accepted into a graduate program.
- The award can be held for a maximum of 24 months of full-time study.
- Fees are not waived and must be paid out of the award.
- One new award is made each year.
DOCUMENTATION TO ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION:
Applicants are required to submit:
- a signed, one page statement of career development to date, future career aspirations and the relevance of their program of study (or research in the case of a thesis-based degree) to those aspirations.
- a signed one page research proposal if applying for a thesis program. This statements may NOT exceed ONE typewritten, double-spaced page. A brief, well-written statement will be to the applicant’s advantage.
- The Faculty of Graduate Studies Office will provide the Selection Committee with a copy of the applicants’ transcripts and letters of reference, as submitted with their admission documentation.
- The scholarship is valued at $40,000 for one twelve-month academic year of full-time study. The scholarship is renewable, subject to an annual progress review. The award can be held for a maximum of 24 months of full-time study.
First Step: Fill in the application form.
Second Step: Submit your application by post office to:
Faculty of Graduate Studies
PO Box 15000
Room 314, Henry Hicks Academic Administration Building
6299 South Street
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Sadeem H. ElBasyouni / Egypt“
Reviewed by” Ahmed Elgarf /Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team