9 th of May 2019.
Cairo, Egypt .
(Accelerators for startups / Fully funded)
The Sustainability and Entrepreneurship Youth Program (SEYP)
The Sustainability and Entrepreneurship Youth Program (SEYP) is a unique interactive learning experience that was developed by youthinkgreen Egypt. youthinkgreen is an international non for profit organization based in Berlin, Germany with a global outreach that promotes environmental and social sustainability through education. With more than 15 branches all over the world, youthinkgreen empowers youth to start sustainable local projects in their communities and lead the change towards sustainable development working under the motto “local solutions for global challenges”.
The mission of youthinkgreen is to educate and empower youth to apply sustainable ecological solutions to tackle Egypt’s most pres sing sustainability challenges and problems through designing world-class hands-on and empowerment programs for youth, to empower the youth – together with partners and experts – enabling them to make their individual positive contribution in sustainable terms both locally and at a larger scale and to promote competencies like critical thinking, crafting future scenarios as well as knowledge, skills and values necessary to shape a sustainable future that Our work is based on the concept of “education for sustainable development”.
Through SEYP young people that are interested in making a change get the opportunity to ignite and develop their entrepreneurial skills, to nurture and deepen their sustainability knowledge and to identify key problems and challenges within the focus theme – using modern design thinking methodologies and techniques. In addition, guiding entrepreneurs through the development of their technical, business and financial models to be fit for the market entry.
- Entrepreneurial environment.
- Access to technology.
- Capacity building.
- Minimal Viable Production.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Circular economy.
- Waste management.
- Social Work.
- Civic Engagement .
- Human Development.
Egypt and the governorates within Egypt only.
5 Months (May to September 2019)
- The program will be held in Egypt for residents in Egypt, whether Egyptians or others.
- Teams should be formed between 2 to 4 members.
- youthinkgreen is a promoter and sustainer of non-discrimination. There shall be no discrimination against any participant on any basis including race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability. Any disrespect or equivalent should be reported immediately.
- Participants are to respect the intellectual property and copyrights of their colleagues and instructors. Any plagiarism is also firmly monitored and will be dealt with very strictly.
- Participants should be committed to attend the SEYP incubation program from May to September 2019 according to the frequency of the sessions as communicated in the orientation session. (weekly basis- to be confirmed)
- All lecturers and coaches are dedicating their time to help participants and pass on their experience, so participants are to show them deep respect and attention during the lectures/workshops; usage of mobile phones during sessions is frowned upon.
- The nature of the incubation phase requires that participants attend all sessions, workshops, or modules and any absence should be with reasonable excuses and youthinkgreen team should be informed with it previously; this is mandatory due to the urgency of attendance in contribution to the overall success of the program. Excessive absence will be dealt with by expulsion of the team.
- Participants will be warned by SEYP’s team in the case of any unfortunate situation before taking any mitigating action. Cooperation is appreciated.
- Participants are required to submit a weekly report during the program as part of the monitoring and evaluation of the individuals and their startups and their performances.
- Participants are required to pay an amount of 500 EGP per team member as commitment fees to ensure focus and dedication. This amount will be under the responsibility of youthinkgreen and it will be refunded at the completion of the program. The money will not be refunded to who drops out of the program.
- SEYP’s organization team is always available for assistance and to make sure that the program is executed perfectly, so participants should help them do their job as much as possible.
(Accelerators for startups / Fully funded)
The Incubation program will offer the following services to promising startup ideas in the waste management, recycling and circular economy:
- Prestigious access to world-class trainings, capacity building and experts meeting provided by a niche coalition of international and national market leaders bodies.
- Dedicated working space for startup operations.
- One to One mentorship from talented mentors and entrepreneurs.
- Access to Technical and Technological utilities, expertise and resources for product development and market validation.
- Business development guidance and support grounded by the participation of diverse market key players to support business development of startups.
- Access to Funding and Seed investments.
- The program will be fully funded for participants from outside Cairo to attend the program.
For more information, please visit: www.youthinkgreen.org
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Aya El-sherbeny / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Soueilem Mohamed Lemine / Mauritania ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team