13th September, 2018.
the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE
ADEK Award for Research Excellence
The ADEK Award for Research Excellence (AARE) is a competitive funding program for outstanding research proposals in targeted areas within Abu Dhabi.
Research funded by the AARE program is expected to advance scientific and technological development within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, as well as develop meaningful partnerships between Abu Dhabi scientists and leading academic and industrial collaborators, both nationally and worldwide. Applicants will be required to demonstrate the potential impact of their research and identify how this impact may be realized.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Water, Energy, Environment
- Materials, Infrastructure
- Aerospace, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Electronics
- Health, Food and Agriculture
- Education and Social Sciences
Awards may be up to 2 years in duration
- The AARE Program is open to all full-time faculty in higher education institutes geographically located within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and collaborators in the affiliated industry
- , no awarded funding can be channeled to industry.
- An applicant can only submit one proposal as lead investigator but can participate as a co-investigator, or collaborator, on additional proposals.
Proposals will undergo both an administrative and subject matter peer review process. The proposal will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
Novelty and intellectual merit of the proposal
Potential impact of the research and the described path to impact
Relevance to Abu Dhabi strategic priority areas
Qualifications and track record of the Lead PI, Co-investigators and collaborators
Commitment of Higher Education Institution and availability of support and infrastructure
Collaboration with industry where applicable
Training and human capital development
- Budgets must be submitted using the template provided within the proposal template and with full justification for each cost. Items not justified or poorly justified will be removed from the budget. these items are:
- Travel and Subsistence
- Technical–Level Outsourcing
- Institutional / Industry Cost Share
- a maximum budget of AED 300,000 for non-Education and Social Sciences proposals. Budgets in Education and Social Sciences may be up to a maximum budget of AED 100,000.
-Award amounts will be based on the feasibility of the project budget proposed, availability of funds, the number of proposals submitted, the nature of the proposal and level of institutional and industry cost sharing.
First Step: All proposals should include a cover sheet and must follow the template provided. click here
Font type: Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial.
Fonts Size: 12 points.
Paragraph settings: single spaced with no less than one inch margins.
Second Step: An electronic copy of the proposal must be submitted online as a single document. click here
-The Office of Research (or its equivalent) of each HEI must submit a roster of the proposals that HEI is planning to submit by 4 PM Monday, 10th September, 2018.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Salma Aladdin/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Yara Yasser/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team