15 May 2020.
Adelaide Graduate Research Scholarships
The University of Adelaide offers a number of Adelaide Graduate Research Scholarships exclusively to its recent graduates to continue their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research. These scholarships were created specifically for outstanding recent graduates whose recent graduate status means they are not competitive for scholarships in the general scholarship rounds. In those rounds they would compete against the best scholarship applicants worldwide who have generally had many more years to gain valuable research experience and demonstrate academic excellence. For this reason recent eligible University of Adelaide graduates are only ranked in this scholarship cohort where they have a significantly higher chance of winning a scholarship to further their studies.
The selection and ranking of applicants within the University of Adelaide is undertaken by the Graduate Scholarships Committee, using the criteria of academic merit and research potential.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- All Faculties
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Two Years or Three years.
- two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree.
In order to be eligible for consideration an applicant must:
- have completed their qualifying program of study at The University of Adelaide within the previous 4 semesters prior to the intake applied for (to ensure uninterrupted study applicants are encouraged to apply whilst completing the final semester of their current studies);
- be an international student at the time of application and enrolment;
- enrol as a commencing student in a full-time postgraduate research program at the University of Adelaide in the approved semester;
- not be currently enrolled in the Higher Degree by Research program at the University of Adelaide for which the student is applying for the scholarship.
- be completing their four year undergraduate degree including first class honours in a research based honours program at The University of Adelaide, OR This will be deemed to cover students who have completed all of their education at Adelaide and where the committee considers it appropriate students who have completed a lesser period of time but including the honours year.
- be completing their masters degree by coursework at The University of Adelaide with a sufficient research component to be approved by the Research Education Development Committee as a degree acceptable for entry to the PhD (refer to the Academic Program Rules).
- Students undertaking a coursework masters degree will be required to obtain an overall grade of Distinction with not less than a High Distinction in their research component(s) to be eligible for scholarships; OR have submitted their University of Adelaide masters degree by research thesis for examination by the scholarship application deadline.
- Currently enrolled PhD students are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who were unsuccessful in a previous round are not eligible for reconsideration.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, The University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
- If an applicant has previously been awarded an international higher degree by research scholarship by the University of Adelaide, and failed to successfully complete the corresponding academic program, that applicant will not be reconsidered for any future international higher degree by research scholarship.
The benefits of the award are:
- An annual living allowance of AUD$28,092 (tax free, 2020 value) for up to two years for a Masters degree by Research and up to three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only).
- Course tuition fees for up to two years for a Masters degree by Research and up to three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only).
No other allowances will be paid.
VISA ENTITLEMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS:
not covered by scholarship International candidates on a Student Visa (Subclass 500) (and their partners and dependants) are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of their program. International candidates are also required to pay for visa application fees and meet the costs of any medical
examinations associated with the issue or renewal of visas for themselves, their partners and their dependants. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure they hold a valid visa while in Australia. If a visa expires, the candidate may be removed from Australia. These expenses are NOT covered by this award.
To apply please submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via the online application system. There is no application fee.
First Step: Decide on a program of study.
Second Step: Check the Entry Requirements.
Third Step: Identify an Area of Research and Supervisors.
Fourth Step: Submit an Application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Demiana Melad/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Sama Saeed/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team