November 12, 2018
The tech startups challenge for women inclusion
Have you created a company leveraging digital innovation tackling gender inequalities or economic, social, cultural, political inclusion of women in Africa? Apply for the AFD Digital Challenge 2018.
The AFD Digital Challenge is a tech startups challenge for women inclusion. The challenge aims to promote entrepreneurial initiatives managed by women and/or men, tackling the challenges of women’s inclusion and gender inequalities – whether social, economic, cultural or political – and leveraging digital innovation for their development.
The jury will select 30 best initiatives qualified for the shortlisting phase. Then, they will select 15 best initiatives qualified for the final selection phase. Finally, they will nominate the 5 winners.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Gender Inequalities
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
27 SEPTEMBER 2018: BEGINNING OF THE APPLICATION PHASE.
- November 12, 2018: CLOSING OF THE CALL FOR PROJECTS.
Open to any innovative entrepreneurial initiative:
- Demonstrating the existence of a legal form and having a proven activity on the African continent.
- Owned by women and/or men, and having a positive impact on women’s inclusion and the reduction of gender inequalities.
- leveraging digital technologies to amplify its impact.
- Digital Challenge Success – €50,000: Rewarding two startups going through the expansion phase and demonstrating an outstanding ability to scale up and develop.
- Digital Challenge – Jury’s Award – €20,000: Rewarding one startup demonstrating outstanding originality and uniqueness in its approach to the challenge of women inclusion;
- Digital Challenge Initiative – €15,000: Rewarding two startups going through the induction phase and demonstrating an outstanding ability to innovate.
Fill in the required application form, then ”Submit”.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Menna Faramawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team