31 December 2019.
The ‘African Leaders of Tomorrow’- (ALofT) Project
The ALofT Project is a competitive, online-based youth development programme designed to cultivate future thought leaders by empowering African youths with a wide range of relevant knowledge, experience and skills.The development of a report for publication will afford these students the opportunity to put the skills they acquire into practice. It will also serve as an effective channel through which Africa’s future thought leaders can communicate their views on what they see as Africa’s core developmental challenges and what needs to be done to address them!
Presented through an e-learning platform, the six-month programme provides full-time students from across
Africa the opportunity to develop as the continent’s future thought-leaders. Successful applicants will be among
only 10 students selected to join the programme. These successful applicants will acquire research, writing, analytical and other important skills, and will have the opportunity to put these skills into practice and gain valuable work experience through collaboration with the IOA team on Africa-focused research projects.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- Self-motivated, critically-minded students interested in developing as future thought-leaders, innovators and
pacesetters are invited to apply to The ALofT Project.
- Be African citizens
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Possess good writing and research skills, and analytical abilities.
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree at an African-based college or university.
- Have regular and reliable internet access.
- Be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours a week to the programme.
- Successful applicants will acquire research, writing, analytical and other important skills, and will have the opportunity to put these skills into practice and gain valuable work experience through collaboration with the IOA team on Africa-focused research projects. Please note that this involvement is unpaid;
- The ALofT Project offers a unique web-based curriculum that encompasses self-study, tutorials, training and ongoing assessments. Participants will also have access to IOA’s team of expert analysts, academics, social scientists and researchers who have done extensive work on the continent;
- Students who successfully complete The ALofT Project will gain excellent exposure and experience through the release of the project publication, and will also receive an official certificate of completion and a reference letter from IOA’s CEO.
First Step: Open the online application form.
Second Step: Fill in personal information.
Third Step: Fill in academic information and professional experience.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Salma Aittaleb/ Morocco “
Reviewed by”Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team