November 25, 2018.
Applications are open for the AIMS-Canada Research Chairs in Climate Change Science 2018/2019. The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) invites applications for three AIMS-Canada Research Chairs in Climate Change Science to be based at AIMS Rwanda.
The program seeks outstanding female African and non-African scientists whose research seeks to elucidate the scale and causes of climate change; predict climatic conditions, especially at small temporal and spatial scales; and develop and apply novel strategies for climate change adaptation and mitigation. Each chair will be tasked with executing a world-class research program able to contribute significantly towards building both the human capital and the scientific knowledge base required to solve important climate change-related problems in Africa and beyond.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Climate Change
- Predict Climatic Conditions
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Statistical Ecology
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
The applicant should:
- Be a female;
- Hold a doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline including, but not limited to, applied mathematics, climatology, physics, chemistry, computer science, statistical ecology, or engineering;
- Demonstrate significant evidence of excellent, self-initiated and self-directed research in climate change science;
- Have at least two (2) years of postdoctoral experience;
- Have experience supervising Master’s and/or PhD students; and
- The ability to take up the Chair by the end of 2018.
- Each Chair will be provided up to USD 970,000 over a four-year period.
First Step: Please complete and submit by the 25th November 2018, 23:59 CAT, the online application form to which the following documents should be attached:
- a completed research proposal form,
- a curriculum vitae,
- a letter of motivation,
- an electronic copy of three representative publications in climate change science where the applicant is the lead and/or senior author.
Second Step: Three referees should email confidential letters of support directly to [email protected] with the subject line “MS4CR chair application support letter – first and last name of candidate” on or before the application deadline.
- You should share with your referees a copy of the ‘Terms of Reference for Chairs’ and the ‘Instructions for Referees’ document. These can be downloaded on the website.
- Only complete applications received by the application deadline will be considered. Short-listed applicants will be interviewed by an International Selection Committee.
- Before applying, candidates are strongly advised to read carefully and ensure they can abide by the following terms:Terms of Reference for Chairs
- Questions about this position should be sent to [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Rehab Ali/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team