1 January 2019
The Alserkal Residency Summer Cycle
Alserkal Residency was created as a platform for artistic and discursive exchange, seeking to support cultural practitioners as they realise projects pertinent to their respective practices.The programme is designed to be immersive and engage the local interdisciplinary community through a series of public events and conversations.
Founded by Abdelmonem Bin Eisa Alserkal and the Alserkal family, the Residency focuses on research-based and socially-engaged practices.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN.
from 1 May 2019 – 30 June 2019
it is open only to artists, writers, curators, architects, and researchers who are currently citizens and/or permanent residents of the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council).
Residency resources include:
- Return flights from the resident’s home city to Dubai
- Single-room accommodation, in a shared space with up to five other residents
- Monthly living stipend
- Research stipend
- Programming stipend
- 24-hour access to an individual studio at Alserkal Residency
- Support from Alserkal Residency team
- Introductions and critiques with international and local art professionals, who are part of Alserkal Avenue’s network of peers
First Step: Prepare the following materials in a PDF as a part of your Application – no larger than 2 MB.
- Full CV with complete contact information (full name, phone contact, email address, Skype ID and personal website URL if applicable).
- Professional statement of no more that 250 words.
- A statement of intent: approximately 500 words, that includes a description of what the artist / cultural practitioner would like to present for their public programme. The statement should also mention if there are any specific media or studio requirements.
- Portfolio (the portfolio will not take the place of the statement of intent).
- Curators / Writers / Researchers should include a minimum of two writing samples of 500 words each.
Note: Documentation should be of recent work (dating back no longer than 5 years) and should contain up to 15 images.
Second Step: Complete this Application here
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Islam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Shaimaa Abdelmoneim/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team