18 September 2018.
OPEN INNOVATION CHALLENGE & CALL FOR YOUTH LED SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP SOLUTIONS ADDRESSING DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGES FACING YOUTH IN AFRICA
Within the Africa Youth Conference 2018, UN Women partners with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to conduct a challenge and award grant financing to help African youth entrepreneurs to develop and implement their innovative solutions that address SDG challenges in their communities, especially those targeted at bridging the gender gap in their countries.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) present auniversal call to action by the United Nations (UN) for all stakeholders to join efforts to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity. The SDGs are the most ambitious development agenda to date. Attaining these Goals and meeting the development needs require substantial resource commitments. With the development funding landscape changing rapidly, charity models are no longer sufficient – there is a need to identify and tap into non-traditional and innovative sources of finance and implement new models that enable everyone to contribute to economic growth.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS.
23 – 25 October 2018.
- African, aged between 15 and 35 years.
- Have an innovative, replicable, scalable idea that could transform your community, country… or even .Africa.
- You like to contribute towards the attainment of the SDGs and therein especially gender-related targets and indicators of SDG 1 (poverty), SDG 5 (gender equality and empowerment of women and girls), SDG 8 (decent employment) and SDG 9 (industry, innovation and infrastructure).
- You have the passion to help Africa progress – but struggle to find the support you need to turn your idea into reality.
- Winning entries will receive funding to develop, validate and scale innovative ideas. The grants will be awarded to entrepreneurs who would like to test their innovative solutions or grow existing ventures, as per the following categories:
- Idea Stage: 5,000 USD (seed grants).
- Growth Stage: 10,000 USD (scale grants).
First Step: Fill the application which exists at the below of this pdf file here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team