As soon as you have confirmation of a research opportunity within the university, you can be registered as a Visiting Research Student.
Visiting Research Student – The University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp provides opportunities for international Master or PhD students to conduct part of their research at the University of Antwerp, while completing their studies at their home university.
A Visiting Research Student (VRS) is a PhD researcher (or Master student) at his/her home institution who wants to conduct research in the framework of a study or PhD programme at UAntwerp through a temporary stay (minimum one month). The collaboration between UAntwerp and the home institution is formalised by an individual VRS Agreement. The stay is a maximum of one academic year and may be renewed for an additional academic year.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
– Arts & Humanities:
- Institute of Jewish Studies.
– Development Studies:
- Faculty Business and Economics.
– Life Sciences:
- Biomedical Sciences.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Veterinary Sciences.
- Mathematics-Computer Science.
– Social Sciences:
- Communication Studies.
- Education Sciences.
- Political Science.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Up to two years.
The stay is a maximum of one academic year and may be renewed for an additional academic year, and a minimum of one month.
- You must meet All the following criteria:
- You’ve found a mentor at UAntwerp who is willing to host you to conduct research.
- You are a Master or PhD student at an institution in your home country. You can provide proof of enrollment as a (master/PhD) student at this institution.
- You do not need any credits or proof of studies for your home institution in order to have your stay at UAntwerp recognised.
- There are no other possibilities to go to Antwerp, either as part of an Erasmus programme or bilateral agreement, as a trainee or in the framework of a double PhD.
- You confirm that you have sufficient personal funds to cover your stay in Belgium.
- You must confirm that you have sufficient personal funds to cover your stay in Belgium.
Find a mentor at UAntwerp who conducts research in your area of interest.
Present your project idea to the mentor and discuss its implementation.
Once an agreement is reached, the mentor begins the procedure within the faculty to approve the research project and your stay as a VRS.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Aya Gamal ElGeddawy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hend Younis / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team