1 April 2020
Humanities and Social Sciences International Undergraduate Performance Sport Scholarship
The HaSS International Undergraduate Performance Sport Scholarship aims to enable talented student-athletes to follow a dual career, achieving their degree whilst simultaneously reaching their sporting potential.
The programme aims to provide academic flexibility, World-Class sports science and medical support, and financial assistance towards training and competition costs.
The Performance Sport Scholarship Programme is offered on a one-year renewable basis based on the Performance Sport Panel’s review of applications each year.
The number of scholarships: up to six.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Centre for Lifelong Learning
- Government & Public Policy
- Psychological Sciences & Health
- Social Work & Social Policy
- Modern languages
- Speech and language therapy
- Creative writing
- International relations
For more information click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
3 – 4 years.
- All applicants must be competing in a SportScotland-recognised sport, and priority will be given to students competing in a BUCS-sport who can demonstrate the potential to contribute toward the University’s objective. of being ranked in the top 20 in the UK by 2022-23.
- Given the competitiveness of the Scholarships, we would anticipate that all applicants are competing at Junior or Senior International level.
- Furthermore, we actively encourage students competing at an elite level within disability sport and our new £31m Sports Facility is fully-accessible.
- £3,000 (+ up to £3,750* in-kind support).
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees, Living costs, Equipment and study costs.
- Performance Sport Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support package equating to a cash equivalent of up to £6,750 per year.
In addition to the discounted tuition fees, Performance Sports Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support package which provides them with:
- Strathclyde Sport Membership.
- Sports Union Membership.
- Individualised year-round Strength and Conditioning Services (up to three sessions per week).
- Physiotherapy support.
- Athlete Lifestyle Support Workshops.
- Academic Flexibility (where feasible).
- Scholar-branded Canterbury training kit.
First Step: Sign up here.
Second Step: Fill in the application and submit it.
The scholarship will require:
- A Referee from Sports information Governing Bod information (name – position – e-mail – mobile number).
- Sports Coach information (name – Email – mobile number).
- Prepare 2 sporting aspirations on the short term and another on the long term .
- Prepare your personal information in your primary sport.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Esraa Allam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Gehad Salem/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team