15 December 2018
Dancing on the Edge Festival
For the seventh edition of the Dancing on the Edge Festival, to take place in November 2019, they are looking for contemporary dance and theater performances as well as multimedia and performance installations / films / art works / artistic research.
Since 2007 Dancing on the Edge (DOTE) continues to imagine and create bridges between artistic practices and people from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA region) and the Dutch/European audience and cultural practitioners.This year the process of making the festival will be as a transparent creative process in itself, which will be developing and unfolding in conversation with artists, partners, cities and communities with a focus on a number of multi-layered questions (different spheres that we will explore).
- Music/Music Theater
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, and COMOROS
On November 2019
The exact dates are not specified yet.
- The works should be highly artistic works made or performed by professional level artists.
- The work must be original and made by artists with professional signature.
- The works can still be in development at the time of the call.
- Performances can be short works to be presented as part of a mixed program or they can be full length productions.
- The work can be for theater or for non-traditional venues, such as site-specific locations, community venues, etc. It can also be an online artistic work or artistic research.
- Theater performances should be in English or suitable for surtitling. Those not in English should be sent with an English translation/summary.
- The group/artist want(s) to actively engage with the festival in sharing their practices and participate in different events.
All the travel costs will be covered and a fee is paid as well.
First Step: Applications happen through the online form right here.
Second Step:send all attachments digitally (in 1 combined email) to [email protected] (mentioning the company name/lead artist and title of the production)
The attachments are:
- Full biography
- Photo of choreographer/director/artist (with credits)
- Photo(s) of performance/production (with credits)
- Press reviews
- Full piece/project description or detailed plan
- Lighting plan
- Sound lay-out
- Video lay-out
- Surtitle file
Note: In March/April 2019, artists selected for a short list will be contacted and asked to fill in a more detailed form. A discussion will then also follow about how to participate in the different spheres of the festival. Candidates not selected for the short list will also be informed.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Abdelrahman/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team