Applications can be submitted at any time
The target group also includes junior professors who have received positive evaluations, applicants who have achieved their habilitation or equivalent, German researchers returning from abroad and appropriately qualified international researchers looking to pursue careers in Germany.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Administrative science
- Argonmy and Forestry
- Regional and Urban planning
- Area Studies
- Art History
- Biochemistry / Biophysics
- Business Studies
- Communication and media studies
- Computer sciences
- Cultural Studies
- Earth Sciences
- Economic Sciences
- Educational Studies
- Engineering Sciences
- Environmental sciences
- Health Sciences
- Higher Education Research
- Non-European Languages and culture
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Sports science
- Veterinary Medicine
English and German
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Up to five years
The funding will initially be granted for three years with the option to extend for a further two years. At the end of the third year an evaluation will take place which is carried out on the basis of an interim report which should be submitted to the DFG about 30 to 32 months after the funding has started. Upon a positive evaluation, the funds for the remaining two years may be claimed at once.
- Junior academics from all disciplines able to provide proof of eligibility for appointment to a professorship by means of a qualification to teach in higher education (habilitation or habilitation-equivalent achievements) and particularly outstanding academic achievements.
- Academic Requirements: habilitation or equivalent achievements.
- The Heisenberg Programme offers candidates four different modules
- the Heisenberg position
- the Heisenberg temporary substitute position for clinicians
- the Heisenberg professorship
- the Heisenberg fellowship
( Paid opportunity)
- Heisenberg position: This module provides the position and flexible research means within the staff-funding category ‘senior researcher/Heisenberg funding’.
- Heisenberg temporary substitute position for clinicians: This option offers funding within the staff-funding category ‘medical research assistant’ of a temporary substitute post and flexible research means.
- Heisenberg professorship: The module allocates funding within the staff-funding category ‘professorship’ for a temporary professorship at a German institution of higher education and flexible means for research.
- Heisenberg fellowship: This option implies a monthly stipend of EUR 4,450 for the cost of living plus a general allowance of EUR 250 for direct project costs. In addition, allowances for children, to health insurance costs, for travel expenses or a foreign residence allowance may be granted.
- Any of the four modules include a flexible research grant of EUR 1,000 each month or a general allowance for direct project costs, respectively.
You can know more from here.
First Step: To complete an electronic proposal form, and to transmit your proposal data and related documents securely, please use elan.
Second step: A proposal consists of the following three parts:
- Proposal Data and Obligations: Please enter this information via the DFG’s electronic proposal form provided in elan.
Use the Proposal Data and Obligations template.
- Project Description: For the description of your project, please use the appropriate template in German or English provided in elan. Your project description must not exceed 25 pages in total (up to 15 pages for sections 1 through 4 and up to 10 pages as of section 5). The template formatting must be retained. In particular, the font should not be smaller than Arial 11 point, with line spacing no less than 1.2. For the sections Project-Related Publications and Bibliography, the font should not be smaller than Arial 9 point.
Use the Project Description template.
- Appendices (For each applicant, please include an academic curriculum vitae with a list of up to ten of his/her most important publications):
Include all proposal appendices as separate PDF documents (less than 10 MB per document). Please name PDF documents according to the naming protocol at the end of this document to facilitate the processing of your proposal.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“salma tarek abo amra / Egypt “
“Marwa Bouzidi/ Algeria“
MARJ3 Scholarship Team