May 31, 2020.
WomenIn Scholarship Fund
In January 2016, the AIAS Foundation unveiled its WomenIn initiative supported by Intel, which is a collaborative effort to attract, retain and advance women in the interactive entertainment industry by supporting their education and professional development.This initiative provides support to female students and early career gaming professionals through its year-long mentoring program, education, and scholarships.
- Founded in 2010, the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences Foundation’s mission is to advance an inclusive worldwide interactive entertainment creative and business community through collaboration, education, and professional development.
- This scholarship is available for women students pursuing game development or the business of interactive entertainment.
- WomenIn strives to:
- Increase the percentage of qualified women entering game development.
- Decrease the number of women leaving the gaming industry.
- Promote best practices for inclusion in the workplace throughout the Interactive Entertainment Industry.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Game direction.
- Game Design.
- Sound Design.
- Business Administration.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university during the 2020-21 academic school year.
- Must be 21 years or older by February 14, 2021. If under 21, they must acknowledge that they are not eligible to participate in activities during D.I.C.E. Summit including the mentor program on-site.
- Major: Any field.
- GPA: 3.3 minimum on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants do not need to be a US citizen or permanent resident to apply.
- Academic institutions must be accredited by the standard and customary university/college accrediting institution(s) for the country or countries where they operate. If there is any question as to the accreditation of any academic institution, the Foundation reserves the exclusive right to determine in its sole judgment whether students from that institution will be eligible for Foundation scholarships.
- Family members of the AIAS Foundation board and staff and individual major donors of the Foundation (defined as contributors of at least $1000 in donation), and the previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
For Early Professional:
- • Must be 21 years or older by February 8th, 2021. If under 21, must acknowledge that they are not eligible to participate in activities during D.I.C.E. Summit including the mentor program on site.
• Applicants do not need to be a US citizen or permanent resident to apply. In compliance with federal law, any non-U.S. citizen who receives a scholarship must not be listed on a published “Specifically Designated Nationals” terrorism watch list.
This scholarship provides:
- The student scholarship winners will each receive $2,500.
- Professional scholars will receive a travel stipend to another video games conference.
- All scholars participate in a year-long mentorship program and are eligible to participate in a professional training and networking opportunity at the 2021 D.I.C.E. Summit and 24th D.I.C.E. Awards show.
You must upload the following:
1. Two pages (maximum) personal statement, including:
• Information about your studies and how you will benefit the game industry
• A statement addressing your service, leadership, character, and financial need.
2. Two current, signed letters of recommendation:
• Letters of recommendation must be from colleagues or professors from your current academic program, administration, and/or professors who know you individually.
• Letters of recommendations must address your potential to make a significant contribution to the game industry through character, service, or leadership abilities.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Ranya Aljumaili/ Iraq“
Reviewed by” Gehad Elazab/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team