31 March 2020, 23:59 East Africa Time (GMT+3).
One Planet Fellowship
The One Planet Fellowship seeks to build a vibrant, highly connected, and inter-generational network of African and European scientist leaders equipped to use a gender lens to help Africa’s smallholder farmers adapt to a changing climate. The first cohort, consisting of 45 outstanding high-potential scientists selected from a pool of 1523 applicants, was launched in September 2019.
Inspired by the AWARD Fellowship Model, the five-year, USD 19.2 million initiative seeks to invest in up to 630 competitively selected agricultural scientists. Selected candidates will participate in an intensive, three-year non-residential, career acceleration process aimed at fostering leadership skills, strengthening scientific research skills including integrating gender into their research, and catalyzing research partnerships and networks. Candidates who complete the three-year process will become One Planet Laureates.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Selected candidates will participate in a three-year intensive, non-residential,career acceleration process aimed at fostering leadership skills, strengthening scientific research skills including integrating gender into their research, and catalyzing research partnerships and networks
- Be 40 years of age or younger by March 31, 2020.
- Have at least a master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline relevant to climate change adaptation with focus on agriculture and food systems.
- Have research experience in any of the five thematic areas as outlined in the One Planet Scientific Fellowship Framework:
- Monitoring and Assessment
- Agriculture practice for managing variability and adaption
- Food system and climate change
- Social and economic issues
- Organizations, institutions and and policy framework support climate change
- For more details about Scientific Fellowship Framework click here
- Reside in Africa and be actively engaged in research, policy and/or practice relevant to climate change and Africa’s smallholder agriculture.
- Not a previous beneficiary of the AWARD Fellowship initiative.
- The One Planet Laureate Candidates do not receive any cash payments except token amounts to cover direct expenses for participation in events. We also do not pay sitting allowances. When attending a workshop or training sessions, your expenses are fully covered.
Application for the One Planet Fellowship is via an online form available on the Fellowship website. The application form is available in both English, and French and applicants are encouraged to access and submit their application form in their most proficient language.
- Complete and submit your application online
- successful applicants will be required to submit their academic certificates and identification documents after selection to verify the information provided in the application form.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Gehad Elazab/Egypt “
Reviewed by”Basmala Tarek/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team