For April 2021 Enrollment deadline is 18 September 2020
Special Scholarship Program (SSP)
Every year, KUT enrolls approximately 15 selected doctoral students to work in specific research projects. Each student pursues a doctoral course in English while at the same time assisting his/her host professor in his/her research projects and receiving a monthly payment in return for his/her contribution to the projects.
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the development of advanced research at the university through the contribution of highly capable doctoral students. Through the 3-year curriculum, Kochi University of Technology (KUT) provides a comprehensive education in the multidisciplinary environment.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Environmental Systems Engineering
- Intelligent Mechanical Systems Engineering
- Electronic and Photonic Systems Engineering
- Information Systems Engineering
- Infrastructure Systems Engineering
- Economics and Management
EGYPT, JORDAN, IRAN
- have permission from the leader of the applicant’s preferred SSP project to apply for that project
- Hold a degree from an accredited institution comparable to the master’s degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or to be scheduled to acquire such a degree before the KUT enrollment date
- Be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
- Have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- Have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in the research project
- Have high English proficiency
Obligations for the scholarship:
- The SSP student must work 50 hours per month for a specific research project at the university.
- The SSP student must report his/her study and research achievements to the dean of the Graduate School of Engineering at the end of each semester. The submitted report will be evaluated by the dean of the Graduate School of Engineering.
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid as salary for research project work.
*You must pay some amount of taxes from this salary.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
First Step: Choose one research project from the SSP Research Project List from here
Second Step: Send a completed Pre-Application Request to the leader of your preferred project by e-mail and obtain the leader’s permission to apply for that SSP project from here..
Third Step: complete all required documents and submit them to KUT by post :
- A copy of an email or other communication which clearly shows that the leader of the intending applicant’s preferred project has given the intending applicant permission to apply for that SSP project.
- Signed pre-application request that you submitted to the leader of your preferred SSP.
- Original bachelor’s degree academic transcript in English/Japanese.
- Original master’s degree academic transcript in English/Japanese.
- Original master’s degree certificate in English/Japanese. Use KUT official SSP form No. 1.
- A copy of the intending applicant’s master’s thesis in English.
- Research Outline — A detailed plan of the research, in English and approximately one page.
- Two recommendation letters in English/Japanese. Use KUT official SSP form No. 2.
- Original certificate of health in English/Japanese issued within the past 6 months. Use KUT official SSP form No. 1.
- Rank certificate (in English/Japanese) for bachelor’s and master’s program issued by the university, stating your rank in the class (e.g. 2nd out of 25 students )
- Copies of your past publications.
- Certificate of English ability ( such as TOEFL, IELTS, CET, etc )
- Copy of your passport or other identification documents such as citizenship certificate, birth certificate, etc.
Fourth Step: All inquiries and application documents must be addressed to:
International Relations Section
Kochi University of Technology
Tosayamada, Kami City
Kochi 782-8502, JAPAN
E-mail: [email protected]
- more info about the required documents click here.
- Only one pre-application request should be sent to the leader of a project during a given enrollment period.
- The project leader’s email address is provided in the project’s description. a project leader may not contact you in the case where your pre-application request is rejected.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Asmaa Mostafa/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Arwa Osama/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team