31 January 2020.
Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
Central & East European, Russian & Eurasian Studies, IntM (Erasmus Mundus International Master).
The International Masters in Central and East European, Russian and Eurasian Studies offers you the opportunity to study in three or four international universities, and to emerge with three Masters degrees from three separate institutions.Students spend their first semester at the University of Tartu, followed bya semester at the University of Glasgow. The first semester of year two is spent in one of the partner universities, based on the student’s research interests and existing staff expertise.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME:
- If you are interested in the challenges faced by the states and societies of Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Eurasia and their place within the new global order, this two-year programme is for you.
- Opportunities for placements at external organizations are included in each pathway.
- The programme is delivered by leading experts in their specialist areas of research.
- Language tuition is available throughout the programme.
- The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree is awarded by a consortium comprising the University of Glasgow, University of Tartu and other partners from the region.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Political Science
- European Studies
- International Relations
- Social Sciences methodology
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
24 months full-time (4 semesters).
- To be eligible to be considered for scholarship, students must first have secured a place on the degree programme (unconditional or conditional) at The University of Glasgow Postgraduate department>
- Applicants who receive an offer of a place on the degree programme, and who have submitted the scholarship application on time, will be put forward to the scholarship competition.
- English language proficiency test certificate from IELTS, TOEFL, CAE, CPE or PTE Academic, to know minimum English Language proficiency level Click on Entry Requirements from here.
- Applicants must be a national of an Erasmus+ Programme Country or an Erasmus+ Partner country, for more information click here.
- Applicants must not have previously received an Erasmus Mundus Master Course Scholarship.
- 1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (e.g. a GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant social science or humanities subject.
Contribution to the participation costs:
- Tuition fees.
- Full insurance coverage and installation costs.
- Travel and accommodation.
- 4,500 € per year per scholarship holder from a Programme Country.
- 9,000 € per year per scholarship holder from a Partner Country.
Contribution to the travel and installation costs:
- 1,000 € per year per scholarship holder resident of a Programme Country.
- 2,000 € per year for travel costs + 1,000 € for installation costs for a scholarship holder resident in a Partner Country whose location is situated at less than 4,000 km from the EMJMD coordinating HEI.
- 3,000 € per year for travel costs + 1,000 € for installation costs for a scholarship resident in a Partner Country whose location is situated at 4.000km or more from the EMJMD coordinating HEI.
Contribution to subsistence costs:
- 1,000 € per month for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme (24 months maximum).
- EMJMD student scholarships cover the entire duration of the Master course and are awarded exclusively for full-time enrolment in the course.
- Scholarship candidates must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognised equivalent level of learning according to national rules and legislation in place.
- Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for periods exceeding three months of the EMJMD spent in any Partner Country.
- Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to scholarship holders for periods of the EMJMD spent in their country of residence.
First Step: Download and complete the scholarship application form here.
Second Step: Write a personal statement in 1200 words in application form explain:
- Your motivation for choosing this programme.
- Why you think you are a good candidate for the programme.
- What you see as being the topic of your year 2 dissertation and explain how it relates to your proposed regional study track and to your choice of year 2 country of study and language.
- What non- academic activities you do.
Third Step: Create an account on the University of Glasgow’s website from here.
Fourth step: Submit the required documents and statements:
- Scholarship Form.
- Academic transcript to date / mark sheets (official document detailing modules / courses taken and grades so far).
- Translation of Academic Transcript (if required).
- Degree certificate (if degree completed) Students who have not yet completed their degree can also apply. Please provide academic transcripts to date.
- Translation of Degree Certificate (if required).
- Two references (at least one academic and if appropriate, the other may be from the applicant’s most recent employer)
References uploaded online are preferred. However, references sent by email attachment ([email protected]).
- CV (European format). Please give exact dates for all activities. Please see the requirements of the 12 month rule.
- Proof of citizenship (i.e. information page of passport)
- English language proficiency test certificate (In cases where it is not possible to provide proof of language qualification at this stage, applications will still be accepted but any offer of a place on the programme or of a scholarship will be conditional until the test result is received).
– Please complete the scholarship form then print, sign, scan and upload as a PDF document to your IMCEERES application (standard University of Glasgow Application for Graduate Studies) along with all other supporting documentation
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Razan Sameh/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eman Morsy / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team