11 February 2020
Washington, United States
POLITICAL STUDIES & SUMMER COURSES
Each year, the Hertog Foundation brings together top college students to the nation’s capital to explore the theory and practice of politics in an intensive seminar setting with outstanding faculty.
- This summer’s offerings provide students the flexibility to create their ideal summer experience – by applying for a seven-week summer fellowship or choosing among one to two week seminars to create their own individualized course of study.
- This program offer two type of fellowship:
- POLITICAL STUDIES PROGRAM:
This highly competitive fellowship is designed to reflect the broad curriculum of the Hertog Foundation. Hertog Summer Fellows take courses in a wide variety of subjects, from political philosophy to contemporary public affairs, from economics to foreign policy. Thirty-six exceptional undergraduates and recent grads (2019 and 2020) will be invited to participate.
- SUMMER COURSES:
Students seeking a more specialized experience can apply to the courses within the Political Studies Program that best fit their interests and knowledge level. This option is also ideal for students who have other jobs,internships, or commitments during the summer. Up to 140 undergraduates and recent grads (2019 and 2020) will be selected to participate.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Contemporary public affairs
- Foreign policy
- Grand strategy
- Political thought
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
POLITICAL STUDIES PROGRAM Seven-week
SUMMER COURSES 1-2 week
- Our programs are provided at no charge to participants. The Hertog Foundation provides a books, materials, and lectures.
- Our summer programs include dormitory accommodations and a stipend to offset travel and living expenses. We ask only for your time and thoughtful participation.
- POLITICAL STUDIES PROGRAM ($2,000 stipend + housing).
- SUMMER COURSES ($500– $1,000 stipend + housing).
You can apply by filling out a form which you can access at our application page On this form you will select your desired programs(s), provide your contact information and educational background.
Upload the stipulated documents:
- CV or résumé.
- Unofficial academic transcript from all colleges or universities that you have attended (required only for undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate students).
- A statement of purpose: Describe the political questions you find most interesting, your future ambitions, and how these relate to your preferred program(s). (1,000 words or less).
- A writing sample (20 pages maximum, double-spaced).
- A headshot (.jpg preferred).
- You will also have to provide the contact information and/or a letter from a recommender.
- Reccomendation letter should be from someone familiar with your educational accomplishments (i.e., professor, academic advisor, etc.) or your public service activities or interests (i.e., ROTC cadre, work supervisor).
Letters can be submitted in one of three ways:
- You can upload your letter(s) with the application form.
- Your recommender will be contacted upon the completion of your application using the contact information you provide.
- You can provide this link to your recommender where he/she can submit the letter directly.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Gehad Elazab / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Razan Sameh/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team