24:00 on 31st July 2019, UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4).
UAE SDG PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD -Hamdan bin Mohammad Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA)
The UAE National Committee on SDGs, in collaborations with the Hamdan bin Mohammad Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA), invites all amateur and professional photographers from around the United Arab Emirates and around the world, to showcase their portfolios in the UAE’s SDG Photography Award.
The UAE SDG Photography Award recognizes the immense power of images, to helping us raise awareness as a globally community reach the goals of a better world in unique way. The award was created to use a visual medium towards advancing awareness, and achievement of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Graphic Design Primary.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Must provide UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD with their bank account details and personal details within seven (7) days from UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD’s request. The cash money prize(s) will be paid to each winner within a period of two (2) months following the announcement of the Competition’s results.
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- Participants must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years or over at the time of the Submission(s).
- You hereby certify that you are eighteen (18) years old or older at the date of submitting your Phot0(s)to the Competition. You further understand and agree that UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD will automatically and without further notice discard any Phot0(s) that are found to be submitted by a participant that is below eighteen (18) years old at the time of the Submission.
- You may submit up to one (1) Photo in each relevant category of the Competition, except the Portfolio category (People) where you can submit between 5 – 10 Photo(s); You must provide a title and description for each Photo submitted and a description for the set of photos in the Portfolio category.
- The same Photo must not be submitted in more than one (1) category. Any Photo submitted in more than one (1) category will be discarded from the Competition.
- Submitted Photo must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi. And to be suitable for publication.
- You are kindly requested to upload the original Photo(s) (RAW) or the Photo(s) without any editing on the time of submitting the Photo(s) to the Competition.
- For the Portfolio category, you are requested to submit a series of Photo(s) on the same subject matter. The number of permitted Photo(s) is the minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 Photo(s).
- All submitted Photo (s (must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations; including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(s) is prohibited. UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD preserves the right to assess and discard from the competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD’s own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
- Photo(s) that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices will be disqualified.
- Photo(s) (that have won any previous award(s), whether in any UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD prior competition(s), or in any other competition(s) whatsoever and announced before 31st July 2019 , and/or Photo(s) that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, must not be submitted. Any Photo(s) submitted in contrary to the foregoing will be automatically and without further notice disqualified from the entire Competition.
- The categories are People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace and Partnerships. more details and The SDGs
- Prize Money for best Portfolio/Photo Per Category 5,000 $.
- 170 selected portfolios and photo will be published in a book and unveiled at the World Government Summit – SDGs in Action, Dubai, UAE, in February 2020.
- Any federal, state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to you under the Competition will be solely paid by you.
How to Apply
How to Apply
First Step: Enter your data to create an account on the site.
Second Step: choose The categorie.
Third Step: Insert your photos and their data.
Fourth Step: You must obtain, solely bear the cost for, and provide UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD within seven (7) calendar days of any request to do so by UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, with any or all of the following:
- a) A signed written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person(s) appearing in your submitted Photo(s), clearly authorizing you to use their picture or likeness for submitting the Photo(s) in the manner contemplated by the Competition, and authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known. Please click here to download the draft of the Model Release Form;
- b) A signed written license from the copyright owner of any sculpture, artwork, or other copyrighted material that appears in your submitted Photo(s), authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the relevant entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known;
- c) A signed written license from the owner of any private property included in your submitted Photo(s), authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the relevant entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known; and
- d) A signed written license or release letter from a person who has the right or is able to assert any right over the Photo(s) (e.g. employer, agency, etc) authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD. UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the relevant entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known; and
click here to download the model of the Release form.
- e) If you have been announced as a winner of the Competition (in any category), you grant to UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, promote your winning Photo(s), in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world and for any purpose, including but not limited to: display at a potential exhibition of winners, publication of a book featuring select entries in the Competition, publication in UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD materials and/or online highlighting entries or winners of the Competition, and promoting the work of UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD .
Know more about this opportunity:
Marj3 recommended links
Marj3 recommended links
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hanine Aymen/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amina Hamed / Egypt & Samira Shehta / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team