31 July 2020 at 11pm AEST
Macquarie University ranks applicants on the basis of academic merit, relevant research output and experience and/or potential and the University’s Strategic Research Framework 2015 to 2024 World – Leading Research with World – Changing Impact. You must satisfy all the criteria for admission to Macquarie University.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Biological sciences
- Business and management
- Chemical and biomolecular sciences
- Creative arts, communication, literature and culture
- Earth sciences
- Environmental sciences
- Health sciences
- History and archaeology
- Human society
- Information and computing sciences
- Languages and linguistics
- Law and legal studies
- Mathematical sciences and statistics
- Medicine and health sciences
- Physics and astronomy
- Psychology and cognitive science
- Urban and regional planning
For more information about the areas of research check the link.
EGYPT, SYRIA, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, JORDAN, MOROCCO, SUDAN, IRAQ, SAUDI ARABIA, LEBANON, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, LIBYA, PALESTINE, OMAN, KUWAIT, MAURITANIA, QATAR, BAHRAIN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, DJIBOUTI, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES NOT FROM MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Up to 3 years
Awards will only be available to applicants meeting the Eligibility and Selection Criteria who:
- are citizens of countries other than Australia/New Zealand, and not Australian Permanent Residents.
- have already completed or expect to complete a research Masters degree in 2020.
- are enrolling as full-time students.
- will undertake a Masters of Philosophy or Doctorate in 2021.
- intend to reside in Sydney, Australia during their award tenure, unless on approved overseas research leave.
- be in receipt of minor awards, allowances or other earnings which are supplementary to an iRTP or iMQRES, or derived from part-time work undertaken within the guidelines set by the relevant scholarship conditions.
- receive stipend top-up funding from industry or other sources to a maximum equivalent of 75% of the basic Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate.
- be in receipt of additional funds for field work, equipment and other such expenses not covered by the award.
Awards will not be available to those who:
- are receiving another equivalent or major award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program
- have already completed a higher degree in research at the same level or at a higher level than the proposed candidature in the same program of study
- provide false or misleading information to the University. Where there is reason to believe this condition has not been upheld, the University reserves the right to reassess the student’s entitlement to the award.
Successful iRTP candidates will receive:
- Tuition fee offset for 3 years maximum.
- Stipend (tax exempt, indexed annually, 2020 rate $28,092 p.a.)
- Travel Concession (applied to local transport OPAL Card).
Successful iMQRES candidates will receive
- Tuition fee offset for 3 years maximum.
- Stipend (tax-exempt, indexed annually, 2020 rate $28,092 p.a.)
First Step: Check the entry requirements for your degree from here.
Third Step: Prepare a research proposal.
Research proposal requirements vary according to the discipline, department or degree. Check with your proposed supervisor and department about their specific requirements. for more information check the link here.
Fourth Step: Check the Scholarship opportunities.
New applicants to Macquarie University will need to complete the Online HDR Candidature and Scholarship Application via the Online Application System. Although it is not mandatory to provide academic referee reports, it may help to strengthen a scholarship application if applicants have their referees complete an Academic Referee Report form, get the Academic reports form from here.
Fifth Step: Submit the application.
Go to the online application form to register as an applicant from here.
Note: Supporting documentation required
For all previous academic qualifications the following documents must be provided:
- Academic Transcript.
- Academic transcript key (include range of grades awarded).
- Testamur (year completed).
- If there was a thesis as part of your Masters:
- The abstract.
- The % of your degree that the thesis was worth.
- The grade awarded.
- The duration in months of the thesis component of your degree.
- Passport copy (or Birth Certificate if no passport available).
- Current Australian visa (for Permanent Residents or Humanitarian Visa holders).
- English proficiency test result score card (if required in your entry requirements).
- Research proposal (see Step 3).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- University prizes awarded.
- Scholarships awarded.
- Publications (published and accepted for publication).
- Statement of exclusion from university course if applicable.
- If transferring from another Australian institution, applicant must provide details of:
- Enrollment periods.
- Study mode.
- Scholarships received.
- Total EFTSL consumed.
If any of these documents are not in English you must provide certified English translations.
In the eApplication portal, you must indicate iRTP/iMQRES in the scholarship question
Sixth Step: Review Offer and Accept your offer. check the link here for extra information about the steps after getting the offer.
Note: For more information about the application process check the link here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Asmaa Mostafa/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Marwa Bouzidi/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Content Team