8 July 2020, Wednesday 11 pm
Colleges of technology are colleges offering comprehensive 5-year education programs (5 and a half year for mercantile marine) to junior high school graduates and are recognized as higher educational institutions similar to universities. In general, the Colleges of technology accept international students from the third year onwards. They offer education programs that develop hands-on engineers who have acquired world-class expertise and can handle the latest technology, with a focus on lab works, practical works and hands-on exercises as well as having advanced theoretical knowledge.
Students those who will graduate will award a diploma and an associate degree. Not bachelor’s degree.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Information, Communication and Network Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Maritime Engineering
English and Japanese
- one-year preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects due to be provided upon arrival in Japan.
4 – 4.5 Years
- The scholarship period will last for four years from April 2021 to March 2025, including one-year preparatory
education in the Japanese language and other subjects due to be provided upon arrival in Japan. For scholarship grantees majoring in maritime engineering, the scholarship period will be four and a half years, lasting up to September 2025.
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible. However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside of Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan. The First Screening must be conducted at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate (hereinafter referred to “Japanese diplomatic mission”) in the country of which the applicant chooses the nationality.
- Age: Applicants, in principle, must be born on or after April 2, 1996.
- Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and
be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan before and after arriving in Japan. In addition, in principle, applicants must be willing to receive college of technology education in Japanese.
- Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan
- Arrival in Japan: In principle, applicants must be able to arrive in Japan between April 1, 2021, and April 7, 2021. Departure from the home residence should be on or after April 1, 2021.
- Visa Requirement: An applicant shall, in principle, newly obtain a “Student” visa at the Japanese diplomatic
mission located in the applicant’s country of nationality, and enter Japan with the residence status of “Student.”
- Academic Background: Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions:
- Applicants who have completed 11 years of schooling in countries other than Japan
- Applicants who are eligible for transfer admission to a third-year course at a college of technology at the time of application
For more information about the scholarship and who is non eligible click here.
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions. Due to the situation of the Japanese Government’s budget, the amount of payment may be subject to change each fiscal year. If a grantee is absent from the college of technology or preparatory educational institution for an extended period, the scholarship shall be suspended for that period.
- Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at colleges of technology and
preparatory educational institutions will be paid by MEXT
- Traveling Expenses and Transportation to and from Japan in the beginning and at the end of the program.
First Step: Prepare the following documents:
- Application Form (download it from here)
- Academic transcript(s) for all school years of last school/university attended.
- Certificate(s) of graduation of school/university attended
- Recommendation letter from either principal or teacher of last school attended (download its from here)
- Medical certificate (download its from here)
- Certificate of enrollment (Only for those currently enrolled in a university)
- Certificate of language proficiency (Only in case the applicant has documents attesting to competency in language; submit 2 copies).
- Essay (download its form here)
- Photo page of your passport or personal ID card or photo of your birth certificate
- Check Sheet (download its form here)
Second Step: Send the documents by E-MAIL to [email protected]
- Applicants MUST read through the “Notes for Application” the “Application Guideline” carefully before you apply.
- In case there are discrepancies between the “Application Guidelines” and “Notes for Application” regarding the number of original/copy documents to be submitted, please follow the “Notes for Application”.
- (Note for Application) must be scanned to be clearly legible in PDF and submit all together in one e-mail.
- All documents must be written in English or Japanese.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Naira Samir/ Egypt“
“Nada Samir/ Egypt“
MARJ3 Scholarship Team