The 2020 .ORG Impact Awards (OIAs) recognize .ORGs that are exemplary—those that serve as shining examples of how people can achieve great things—often with little resources and against significant challenges. These people and organizations work tirelessly in pursuit of their missions; not for recognition or reward, but to simply make the world a better place.The 2020 version of the .ORG Impact Awards is different by circumstance but not in intent. Amidst an unprecedented (in most of our lifetimes) global pandemic, the 2020 program has transformed into a 10-day digital experience —”The Ten Days of .ORG”—that will enable us to put more focus on award finalists and provide greater assistance to winning .ORGs through substantially larger cash donations to a charity of their choice.
Organizations can apply for the following categories:
● .ORG Newcomer of the Year: Recognizes a person or organization that started less than five years ago and demonstrated experience for exceptional contributions by demonstrating initiative and leadership around a specific task, project or campaign.
● Combating Corona virus: Recognizes an organization or individual whose efforts helped manage Covid-19 outbreaks, provided essential information, provided essential products or services, helped create policies to combat corona virus, or created solutions to medical equipment shortages.
● Promoting Education
● Outstanding Volunteer
● Championing Equality, Equity and Inclusion
● Innovation Award: Recognizes an organization or individual who has broken new ground for an organization by demonstrating new ways of thinking, approaching and/or solving issues or challenges.
● Advancing Environmental Sustainability
● Fighting Hunger and Poverty
● Promoting a Safer Internet
● .ORG of the Year Award: Registrants of the .ORG domain transcend the traditional nonprofit world and include for-profit organizations and community groups as well. The .ORG of the Year award will recognize one outstanding organization (individuals are not eligible for this award).
Opportunities focuses area: