15 June 2020
Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program
The Biozentrum encourages talented, ambitious and highly motivated young scientists from all over the world to apply for the prestigious and sought after fellowships offered by the Biozentrum Basel International PhD Program.
The “Biozentrum PhD Fellowships” are awarded on a competitive basis to a maximum of 10 successful candidates per open call. Recipients are offered a unique rotation-based selection of a research group of choice and a number of other incentives that foster the scientific excellence and the career prospects of these Ph.D. candidates.the scholarship will provide a personal certificate of acceptance into the fellowship program and Support for the preparation of the personal CV and postdoctoral application by Biozentrum faculty members in the Program Committee.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Infection Biology
- Neurobiology Neurobiology Growth
- Development Structural Biolog
- Biophysics Computational
- Systems Biology
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
About three or four years.
- You must hold or expect soon a university degree that qualifies you for a PhD program at the University of Basel (MSc and equivalent) with a background in biological or biomedical sciences, physics, chemistry, mathematics and/or computer science.
- Candidates with a 4-year Bachelor degree, typically from outside the Bologna system, are also eligible to apply. These will be able to complete a Master’s program on a fast-track at the University of Basel as part of their fellowship.
- If you have already enrolled at the Biozentrum or plan to start your PhD thesis before September 1, or respectively March 1, of the same year as the open call, you are no longer eligible to apply.
The fellowship covers :-
- Full financial support for your PhD thesis, typically 3 – 4 years including rotations.
- nual aPersonal, anllowance to attend meetings, acquire books or a computer
- An annual study trip to a city with ties to Siemens
- Financial support for travel to postdoctoral interviews at the end of the PhD thesis.
First Step:Fill the application and apply from here
Second Step: Upload the following requirements:-
- Electronic copies of your diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts as pdf files.
- CV or scientific résumé (maximum one page, pdf format).
- Names and contact information of 2 referees from your previous academic environment (usually faculty members) The referees will be contacted automatically and will be asked for an online evaluation as well as a reference letter.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Mona Zakaria/ EGYPT“
Reviewed by” Esraa Allam/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team