30 September 2018.
2 PhD positions in Optical and Molecular Physics
The Department of Optical Nanoscopy at the Max Planck Institute for Medical Research under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Stefan W. Hell invites applications for 2 PhD positions in Optical and Molecular Physics.The Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, one of the 84 institutes of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science, physicists, chemists and biologists create knowledge of long-term relevance to life and basic medical sciences.
- The successful candidates will develop physical measurement schemes based on MINFLUX and related concepts to analyze molecular systems at highest resolution.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Optical and Molecular Physics.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
limited to three years with a possibility of extension.
- Applicant must be highly motivated and prepared to work within a truly multidisciplinary team.
- Applicant must have (or expect to complete soon) a Master’s degree in Physics or Physical Chemistry or a comparable qualification.
- Applicant must be willing to master challenges in optical design, computer-driven experimental control and data analysis and, crucially, in-depth study of a problem by critical thinking and dedicated physical simulation are all central to success.
The payment is based on the TVöD guidelines (“Promotionsfördervertrag”). The PhD positions are limited to three years with a possibility of extension. Candidates have the opportunity to participate in one of several Ph.D. programs in Heidelberg. Opportunities may also arise from becoming part of one of the newly established Max Planck Schools
Submit application via (E-mail: [email protected]) as a single PDF file
A single PDF file with the reference including:
- Cover letter (explaining background and motivation).
- Complete transcripts.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Muhammad Adel/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rehab Ali/ Egypt ”
” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt “
MARJ3 Scholarships team