15 September 2018.
Cape Town, South Africa.
Fellowships for a Ph.D. specialization Course on Land Economics and Governance (Jan 7- Feb 8, 2019) / Cape Town- South Africa.
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC), German International Cooperation (GIZ) and the World Bank are calling for fellowship applications to attend a course on Land Economics and Governance. The course is targeted at both students/faculty members and practitioners with an understanding at the second year Ph.D. level in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Development Economics or other relevant doctoral programs, who would have an interest in continuing to research on a land-related topic.
This intensive Ph.D. course aims to help build and strengthen the analytical capacity in Land Economics and Governance in Africa, building the capacity of network universities in teaching and research in conformity to best global practices with deep African perspectives.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Land Economics and Governance.
- Agricultural Economics.
- Development Economics.
All African countries.
- From January 7 to February 8, 2019.
- Applicants must be nationals of an African country.
- All applicants must be holders of at least a master’s degree in agricultural and applied economics or related discipline from an internationally recognized university.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program in Africa, or be a faculty member of an African University in an AERC accredited university or a NELGA affiliated institution.
- Possession of at least a publication or acceptance of an article for publication on land, in a refereed journal will receive special consideration.
- Female applicants from less privileged regions as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Flights, accommodation and per diem will be fully covered.
Submit your application for admission directly to the AERC by submitting application documents via the AERC website at http://scholarships.aercafrica.org/. These should include:
- Signed curriculum vitae; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- Certified copies of all university degree certificates.
- Certified copies of all university transcripts as necessary.
- Admission letter to a doctoral program as appropriate / proof of employment as a faculty member.
- Letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages).
- 2 recommendation letters of academic referees.
- Written commitment to take the online pre-course.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Shimaa Elgizawy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rehab Ali/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team