30 April 2020.
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries. through combining technological innovation with a profound understanding of people’s behavior and their environments to identify new solutions for improving the lives of poor people.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Health, Life & Natural Science.
- Public Policy & Governance.
- Technology, Management & Innovation.
- Environment, Infrastructure & Architecture.
For more information click Here
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Depending on the program.
- The candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university and proof professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- A minimal English standard of TOEFL level C1. If the continuing education programme requires a minimal level in another language, proof of this level should also be submitted.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from countries classified in the DAC-list of the OECD.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office.
- The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship (for the successful candidate)
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2,000 CHF).
- Visa fees.
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme.
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester).
- The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
- The programme fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
- The general application fee of the School for Continuing Education of 150 CHF will not be covered. However, in case an application to the E4D continuing education scholarship is valid but not selected, the fee can be paid back to candidates from low income countries.
First Step: Apply for one of the ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme.
- List for MAS (Masters of Advanced Studies) programs click Here.
- List for CAS (Certificates of Advanced Studies) programs click Here.
- List for DAS (Diploma of Advanced Studies) programs click Here.
Second Step: Download the application criteria from Here.
Third Step: Fill the application form from Here and attach the required documents.
- CV of the candidate.
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s).
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond.
- Two professional references.
- Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS programme for the respective semester.
- Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D programme office directly through the employer (and not the candidate).
- Certificate of English level (minimum TOEFL level C1). If the programme requires a minimal level in another requires, proof of this acquired level must also be submitted.
Note: Please send all documents in one single pdf file.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Reem Ghazal/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Nedaa Megahed/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team