- Candidate has a research idea in mind with direct relevance to development issues in the Fellow’s home country.
- Candidate checks to see that their proposal falls within the agricultural, biological, environmental, mathematical or computational sciences, and is aligned to the Rothamsted Science Strategy.
- Candidates must then identify a potential Supervisor at Rothamsted Research and seek their agreement and input to co-develop a fellowship proposal. Note: Candidates may find the Supervisor, either through prior contact with that person, recommendations via colleagues, scientific literature searches or by selecting the relevant researcher from their departmental pages from here.
- Once a Supervisor at Rothamsted has been identified and they are in agreement to co-develop a research projects with the candidate the Supervisor requests an application form and further guidance from Rothamsted International. Note: application forms cannot be downloaded from this website and must be submitted by the Supervisor.
- Supervisor and Candidate co-develop the fellowship proposal.
- Supervisor submits the Fellowship application in advance of the stated deadline.
- Applications are reviewed by a panel of experts.
- This is a competitive scheme and the Panel’s decision will be communicated to the candidate and Supervisor – typically within two months of the application deadline.
- Successful candidate and their Supervisors agree a start date for the project.
For further information, Please send your inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org