22 September 2020
THE SCHWARZMAN scholars program
Schwarzman Scholars will be selected on the basis of not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives, and positions. All qualified candidates will have successfully completed their undergraduate degrees prior to enrollment and must be proficient in English.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Global Affairs
- Public Policy
- Economics and Business
- International Studies
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
According to the program.
For more information about each program click here.
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent: Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- Age Requirement: Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- English language proficiency: Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher. Acceptable test options are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). Minimum score 600.
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
- There are no citizenship or nationality requirements.
- There is no minimum GPA or class rank required to apply. Applicants are expected to have demonstrated excellence in their academic studies, and the most competitive candidates are among the top students in their graduating class. There are no course prerequisites for applicants to the program, although some individual classes at Tsinghua University may have prerequisites.
- Marital status: Married applicants may apply and will be at no disadvantage in the application process. Spouses/partners may accompany Schwarzman Scholars to Beijing, but Scholars are expected to live in the dormitory and participate fully in the program like other students. Spouses/partners may not live in the dormitory, and no additional funding will be provided to support spouses/partners living off-campus.
The students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- Tuition Fees.
- Room and board.
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year.
- An in-country study tour.
- Required course books and supplies.
- Health insurance.
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses.
Schwarzman Scholars will be the single largest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international donors
First Step:Create an account on website from here.
Second Step:The application required the following documents:
- Online application.
- Resume (2 page maximum).
- Transcripts/Academic Records.
- Two Essays.
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
- Video (optional).
For any questions or inquires check the link.
Third Step: Submit your online application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Esraa ali / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mohamed Sayed/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team