25 October 2018.
The aim of this project is to reach youth who are in weaker position and bring these people voices to be heard by the decisions maker. And Street-Art & eco-art, will be the main channel to reach them. With this intercultural context, we want to give the opportunity to learn and speak about differences and be able to understand better to accept them. Also a part concerning how they can invest in their community by social, art, or volunteering to create solution for these issues.
The first phase of the program will be in ALEXANDRIA:
We choose to start this Youth exchange in Egypt because of its ancient and important place in history, Especially in the field of Art. In the pharaonic era, they used to cover building, the sarcophagus with the hieroglyph and the painting of their divinities. It was a kind of street art. Nowadays, the street art is about to have a new form. Not only the graffiti and tag on walls but how to implement art in the city by using recycling and natural elements ; this is what we call Eco-Art.
- Give the opportunity to learn about others cultures by a non-formal education.
- Allow young people to express their ideas out loud and to be heard in their community.
- Aim to create a reflection on society issues and how to express them through different form of art (street-art or eco-art).
- Encourage participants to create and realize masterpiece.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Critical thinking,
- Social capital & Multi-culture.
8th – 17th December 2018.
- Young people from Greece, Egypt, Finland and Sweden.
- Between 17 – 27 years.
- Interested in Street Art and concerned about society issues.
TO COME IN ALEXANDRIA:
- By train or by bus: Sidi Gaber and Mahatet Misr are the most important stations to arrive in Alexandria. Our team will help for further details.
- Departure: the 17th in the morning, after the breakfast.
- The bus will drive back the participants to the airport in Cairo. Please, choose a flight after 7:00 pm.
- Arrival: All participants should arrive in Cairo airport on the 8th of December, in the morning, before9:00 am.
- Transportation from the airport: A bus will drive the participants from the airport to Alexandria. Usually it takes around 3-4 hours.
- If you arrive before the 8th, you should join the meeting point at the airport at 9:00 am. Otherwise you should manage to come to Alexandria before 5:00 pm on the 8th December.
- Exchange Rate: 1€ = 20 EGP
- You can exchange the money from the currency exchange office in Raml Station and CIB ATM in all the city.
- We advice you not to exchange too much money at the airport as the exchange rate is very low. Try to convert the amount you need exactly as you won’t be able to get it back in euros.
This project is fully founded by Erasmus + program. This means that the accommodation and food are covered. Regarding the transportation and the Visa fees, the participants will receive a grant. Please check the allowance for your country.
- Travel fees:
- Egypt: 20€
- Greece: 275€
- Finland: 530€
- Sweden: 530€
- Greece: 25€
- Finland: 25€
- Sweden: 25€
Accommodation: Ithaka Alexandria Hostel, the 1st youth Hostel in Alexandria. Located in the center of the city by the sea side, the view from the 10th floor is amazing to watch the Alexandrian sunset.
- Send CV and Motivation Letter
- Fill in the application form: To : [email protected] please in the subject mention “Spaces Monkeys-Youth Exchange”.
- Deadline : 25th October 2018.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt“
Reviewed by “Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team