31 May 2020
St Andrews Sanctuary Scholarship – 2020 entry
St Andrews is committed to attracting the very best students, and to providing a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone in the community. The University is pleased to launch a new Sanctuary Scholarship, specifically designed to support undergraduate and postgraduate applicants who are seeking sanctuary in the UK.
St Andrews is a unique place to study and live. Not only does the University have a world-class reputation, it also offers a diverse range of social activities, including over 140 student societies and 50 sports clubs.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Ancient History
- Art History
- Classics and Classical Studies
- Comparative Literature
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Economics and Finance
- English Language Teaching
- Film Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Relations
- Marine Biology
- Medieval Studies
- Middle East Studies
- Physics and Astronomy
- Social Anthropology
- Sustainable Development
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
The Period varies according to each program
for more information click Here
- Open to all nationalities.
- The Sanctuary Scholarship is open to any applicant that has an official Home Office status as one of the following:
- Asylum Seeker
- Humanitarian protection
- Limited leave to remain
- Discretionary leave to remain
In order to consider you for ‘Home’ tuition fee status, please ensure you have provided the correct information here.
- Annually for the duration of the student’s course
- Value of award (per year)- Postgraduate Taught courses up to £22,000-Postgraduate Research up to £15,000
First Step: Apply for a postgraduate course from here,This scholarship is available for application through the Scholarships and Funding catalogue. Current students can access Scholarships and Funding through MySaint.
- If you have applied to a Postgraduate Research course (e.g. PhD, MPhil, MFA) beginning in the 2020-2021 academic year, you will receive an email with a few days of submitting your course application with instructions on how to access the catalogue.
- If you have applied to a course (e.g. MSc, MLitt, MRes, PG Certificate, PG Diploma, Conversion Diploma) beginning in the 2020-2021 academic year, you can access the catalogue through My Application after you have applied for your chosen programme. You should wait until the next working day after submission before attempting to access My Application
- Please apply for the scholarship after you have submitted your application for a place at St Andrews. You do not need to wait until you have received an offer of a place before applying for the scholarship.
When you have accessed the catalogue, apply for the St Andrews Sanctuary Scholarship (Postgraduate).
Use the funding financial profile to help calculate your household income before you apply for any needs-based scholarships. You can find the funding financial profile in Scholarships and Funding, “Create my funding financial profile”.Current students can log into MySaint and will find the Scholarships and Funding options under the “My Applications” tab. For more information click here
Finally, the outcome of your scholarship application will be available on “View my applications” in the Scholarships and Funding section of My Application after the deadline date.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Fatma Zalat/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Reem Ghazal/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team