11 January 2019
2019 Illustration Competition
Introduce your work to the world. Enter the most prestigious competition for creativity in illustration, the Communication Arts Illustration Competition.
Any illustration first published or produced from January 2018 through January 2019 is eligible. Selected by a nationally representative jury of distinguished designers, art directors and illustrators, the winning entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Illustration Annual
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Illustration Competition Categories:
Advertising: ads, posters, music and product packaging, etc.
Books: covers, jackets, interiors, etc.
Editorial: consumer or trade magazines, newspapers, etc.
For Sale: posters, prints, greeting cards, licensing/stock, gallery sale, online store, etc.
Institutional: company/association publications, annual reports, catalogs, client websites, blogs, etc.
Motion/Animation: time-based media for film, television, video or web, etc.
Self-Promotion: promotion for illustrators, design firms, ad agencies, art schools, printers, paper companies, etc.
Unpublished: experimental/personal work not published.
Student Work: illustration or animation created for school assignments.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Only accepted entrants will be notified within two months after the final deadline date.
- Any illustration first published or produced from January 2018 through January 2019 is eligible.Entries may originate from any country. Descriptions in English are very important to the judges. Submission of entries acknowledges the right of Communication Arts to use them for publication and exhibition.These categories are judged by the Illustration jury and will appear in the Illustration Annual. For a list of fees, please download the category PDF:
- After the January 11, 2019 deadline we will accept entries for two weeks but a late entry fee of $10 per submission is required
- No entries can be registered after January 25, 2019.
- All entry submissions are final and entry fees are nonrefundable.
- All pieces sent in physical form must have an entry form taped to the back of the work. Do not send work in poster tubes as they are frequently damaged in transit. Non-United States contestants should mark each package “Materials for Contest Entry. No Commercial Value.” No provision will be made by Communication Arts for U.S. Customs or airport pickup. International entries should be sent by post or international courier. All entries must be received by the final deadline date.
- They accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal through our online competition system. Charges for your entry fees will appear on your statement as (“Commarts”). We also accept checks, international money orders and wire transfers. Make checks payable to Communication Arts. Non-United States contestants wishing to pay by check must send a check in U.S. funds drafted on a U.S. bank. Please include the check or money order with your entries if you are delivering them via mail/courier. If your payment is being sent under a separate cover, please include a note with your entries indicating that the check or money order is coming under separate cover. If you submit all of your entries online, please send a copy of the invoice you print out at the end of the entry process with the check or money order. Please note on wire transfers: We require an additional fee of $25 (U.S.) to cover fees charged by the banks to process the transfer.
- Each winning entrant will receive a personalized Award of Excellence, milled from solid aluminum, and award certificates issued for firms, individuals and clients.
Before you begin the process of entering a competition, please have the following information and materials ready. This will make the process go quickly:
• Your contact information for registration and notification.
• Title and basic credits for each project.
• Printed copies or digital files of work you want to submit. See below for file specs.
Please submit only one version of each entry (i.e.: do not send printed copies if you already uploaded digital files of the same entry). Entries can be submitted in the following formats:
- Print Entries
- Digital Images
- Motion/Animation Entries
Once you have completed the registration process, a PDF with a receipt or invoice and entry forms for physical submissions will be generated. You must print, trim and attach the entry forms to the back of your physical entries. If the entry is a print-based campaign, you will tape an entry form to each piece included in the campaign. Entries on disk require an entry form taped to the outside of each disk case. Multiple digital files may be placed on a single disk. Please tape all applicable entry forms one on top of the other so we can flip through them to verify the contents of the disk. Do not send any entries without entry forms attached.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Waleed Ashraf / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Chahineze Hakki/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team