15 April 2020
Merit scholarships for international students enrolled at Universität Hamburg
Universität Hamburg is the largest institution for research and education in northern Germany. As one of the country’s largest universities.The University boasts numerous interdisciplinary projects in a broad range of fields and an extensive partner network of leading regional, national, and international higher education and research institutions.
With its merit scholarship program, Universität Hamburg supports outstanding international students and doctoral researchers of all subjects and degree levels who are actively involved in a social or intercultural context. The awarding of a merit scholarship allows recipients to concentrate fully on their studies and gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Department of Public Law
- Department of Criminal Law and Criminology
- Department of Civil Law
- Business, Economics and Social Sciences
- Department of Social Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of Socioeconomics
- Faculty of Education
- Department of General, Intercultural and International Comparative Education
- Department of Primary and Secondary Education, Social Education, Special Needs Education and Psychology in Education and Teaching
- Department of Professional Education and Life-Long Learning
- Department of Languages and the Aesthetic Disciplines Education
- Department of Social Sciences, Mathematics and Natural Sciences Education
- Department of Protestant Theology
- Department of Languages, Literature and Media (SLM I)
- Department of Languages, Literature and Media (SLM II)
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Studies in Culture and Arts
- Department of Asia-Africa Studies
- Institute of Catholic Theology
- Department of Biology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Psychology and Human Movement
- Institute of Psychology
Institute of Human Movement Science (in German only)
- Institute of Psychology
- Business Administration (Hamburg Business School)
To know more about Faculties and Departments the click here.
English or German depending on the course
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Note: Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months). It is possible to re-apply for a scholarship after being awarded. The maximum funding period in justified exceptional cases is 3 years.
- Do not hold German citizenship.
- Good to excellent academic performance.
- Other verifiable knowledge and capabilities (e.g., presentations, publications, prizes; additional specialised skills); previous funding.
- Social and/or intercultural activities (e.g., confirmation of volunteer work).
- Applicant’s need/social situation.
- The maximum monthly funding sum is €850. Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month
First Step: Creat an account at the University site from here.
Second Step: log in and apply for the online application.
You must upload the following documents to the online application portal:
- letter of motivation: please use this form.
- proof of social and/or intercultural activities (if applicable).
- record of achievements: STiNE printout or list of course certificates.
- Master’s students and doctoral researchers submit their final certificate.
- evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In justified cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
Template: evaluation form
Third Step: they will email you notification roughly 6–8 weeks after the application deadline.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nada Samir/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmed Tarek/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team