27 August 2020
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus (EU part), the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, the Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
The HFSP fellowship
The HFSP fellowship program supports proposals for frontier, potentially transformative research in the life sciences. Applications for high-risk projects are particularly encouraged. The projects should be interdisciplinary in nature and should challenge existing paradigms by using novel approaches and techniques. Scientifically, they should address an important problem or a barrier to progress in the field.
HFSP postdoctoral fellowships encourage early-career scientists to broaden their research skills by moving into new areas of study while working in a new country.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Computer sciences
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
HFSPO offers 3-year postdoctoral fellowships to enable the most talented early career scientists, trained in the host laboratory.
- Anyone from any country and any nationality can apply for a fellowship.
- Applicants must propose to work in a country different from the one where they did their previous Ph.D. work or first post-doctoral studies. For those institutions that are not classified as national, i.e. international or extraterritorial institutions such as EMBL, ICPT or ICGEB, the country in which the laboratory is located will be considered the host country.
- A research doctorate (Ph.D.) or a doctoral-level degree comparable to a Ph.D. with equivalent experience in basic research (e.g. a research-based MD or medical Ph.D.) must be conferred by the start of the fellowship but is not required at the time of submission.
- Applicants must have at least one lead author, full-length research paper – either accepted for publication, in the press or published – in an international peer-reviewed journal or published on a preprint server.
- Only papers written in English are taken into account. Review articles and patents are not taken into account.
- Electronic copies of lead author publications must be uploaded while preparing the application. They cannot be uploaded after the applicant has submitted.
Fellows are granted a living allowance as well as a research and travel allowance. Depending on their specific situation fellows may also qualify to receive a child allowance, a parental leave allowance, and a relocation allowance.
First Step: Before submitting an application, please check with your proposed host institution whether it is willing to accept an HFSP award.
Second Step: Applications must be submitted via the HFSPO website, which will open in 1st July 2020 at https://extranet.hfsp.org.
Third Step: Applicants may update their publication list via the HFSPO website until August 27, 2020.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Eman Dawood/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Omima Alaa El-Din / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team