1 April 2020
Leeds International Summer School
Leeds International Summer School (LISS) offers you the opportunity to study at the University of Leeds and immerse yourself in British culture as part of an exciting short program.
Experience the vibrant, student-friendly city of Leeds and explore the rich history, culture and natural beauty of the area. The summer school combines world-class tuition with academic field trips. Leeds International Summer School also includes social activities and cultural excursions.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Arts and Humanities
- Engineering and Science
- Politics and Social Sciences
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From 4 July to 1 August 2020.
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 or equivalent to be eligibile to apply for the scholarship.
- Be enrolled at a university, or be a recent graduate.
- Meet the English language requirements. They accept the following qualifications:
IELTS 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0)
TOEFL (iBT) 80 (80 overall, listening and reading: 18, speaking and writing: 19)
TOEIC (all four components are required) listening: 400, reading: 385, speaking: 160, writing: 150
Password Skills 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0)
- Other equivalent language test scores may also be considered, and students with extensive English language experience may be exempt. Please note they do not accept CET-4 or CET-6.
- £500 to help pay for your fees.
Note The cost of flights, insurance, and visa is not included. To know more about fees click here.
First Step: You must register online click here. They will use the email address that you register with to inform you of the outcome of your application.
Second Step: Enter your username and password here and fill in your application by uploading the following supporting documents:
- Official transcript (in English) from your home university.
- Supporting statement (outlining your reasons for applying to take part in LISS).
- Copy of your English Language Certificate and scores (only for non-native speakers from outside of Europe).
Third Step: Completing the scholarship section of the summer school application form.
- The system times out after 10 minutes of inactivity so please have your information and supporting documents ready. You should save your application regularly.
- Once you have submitted your application form they will review it within three weeks and will contact you via email to inform you of the outcome of your application.
- you should always check the immigration requirements for your country and your passport before departing for the UK. Please do not use the electronic ePassport gates as you will not receive the correct immigration permission stamp if you enter the UK via this method.
- If you successfully complete the summer school you will receive a certificate of attendance and an official University of Leeds transcript with individual grades for each academic module you study.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Shimaa Ahmed Rehab/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Akram Salah / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team