2 PhD positions In Experimental Quantum Physics
For highly motivated student with excellent laboratory skills for performing state-of-the-art quantum physics experiments.
The strontium quantum gases group is headed by Prof. Florian Schreck and is part of the Quantum Gases and Quantum Information (QG&QI) cluster at the Institute of Physics (IoP) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA). The main focus of the group is the exploitation of Sr quantum gases for novel precision measurement techniques and the study of many-body physics. The university have two open PhD positions within thier Innovative Training Network (ITN) MoSaiQC, which in this context are called early stage researchers (ESRs).
Responsibilities and Tasks:
– You will participate in network meetings across Europe, where you will learn about quantum technology from experts in the field and train essential skills, such as academic writing and outreach.
– You will participate in a summer school on clocks and organize a conference together with the other ESRs.
– You will spend half a year in the lab of a partner in either Copenhagen, Torun or Birmingham.
– You will participate in outreach events. During the public days of UvA you can present your experiment in talks and labtours or present physics demonstration experiments that you have developed and built.
– You are encouraged to join teams at UvA that prepare special events for minority groups, which encompass for example guiding pupils to create holograms.
For ESR1 – Compact atomic sources and beams for steady-state superradiant lasers which are crucial to realizing superradiant clocks and beneficial for quantum sensing with ultracold atoms in general.
For ESR2, The core of ESR2’s project is to develop an ultrastable laser and use it for research.
Opportunity Focus Area:
Experimental Quantum Physics
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics, Physics
- 25 - 35, 36 - 60
- Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Cyprus, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Yemen
- Required Languages
- Required Degree
- Other Requirements
How To Apply
Sign in to be able to see how to apply
Sign in to your account
- Created by
- Samaa Ali/ Egypt
- Published by
- Naira Samir / Egypt
- Reviewed by
- Ahmed Abd-Elmoaty/ Egypt
- Opportunity Type
- Degree Scholarships, PHD Scholarships
- Funding Type
- Paid Opportunity (With Salary)
- Program Period
- More than year
- Europe, Netherlands